PDA

View Full Version : A320 Ground instructor

A320baby
2nd Dec 2013, 13:40
Hello Guys,

Can someone please give me some advice, I have around 2000 hrs on the Airbus 320 and 2500TT.

I am looking for ways to progress in my career and I have always had a passion for teaching, I have been having some serious thought about obtaining my ground school certificate, which would enable me to teach the CBT.

How popular is this in the UK, would there be many Ground school job opportunity's? in between my current flying job.

I work a 6/4 roster and I am very flexible.

Any advice will be gratefully appreciated,

PM's are welcome. :ok:

Dash8driver1312
2nd Dec 2013, 13:53
No offence, I think you'll find most companies take care of this in-house.

nick14
3rd Dec 2013, 00:02
There is no formal ground school instructor qualification that I know of. Most companies will have the groundschool course delivered by CBT rather than instructor led.

Sirijus
5th Dec 2013, 02:38
Of course I might be wrong, but from what I know, with an A320 rating you will probably find it difficult to get an instructor job. What I would advise you to do though is send out your CV to FTOs and maybe some will put you on their list.

Now I haven't heard of any ground school certificates as well, I think all you need is a type rating and some hours (???).

Rick777
7th Dec 2013, 18:58
In the US there is a ground instructor rating. It takes two tests. One is a theory of instruction add the other is slanted toward basic PPL topics. There is also an advanced rating which is more toward CPL topics. To teach in an airliner you generally just need and ATP and type rating because ATPs are authorized to teach ATP subjects. Most airlines hire from within, but a few hire outside instructors and there are a few Part 142 schools - Flight Safety is one that give type ratings.