PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of ICAO CPL(IR) to EASA(IR)

AB36TC
1st Dec 2013, 14:53
I am the holder of a current CPL(IR) (A) issued in accordance with ICAO and Part 61. My licence is current. I have moved to EASA-land, and have been trying to work out how to convert my licence to an EASA (IR) equivalent licence. I do not fly professionally, but initially did my CPL to obtain a higher level of training when doing the IR. Hence if I can only qualify for a PPL(IR), it will not be a train smash.

I am finding it very difficult to determine what needs to be done to obtain an EASA (IR) licence. When I first approached the UK CAA they suggested I would have to re-do my licence from scratch. This does not seem sensible or helpful.

Given that there have been some movements with EASA licences recently, can anyone assist on whether there is a more sensible route that has now opened up ?

Many thanks

nick14
1st Dec 2013, 16:15
Have a look at the aircrew regulation 1178/2011 there is a section regarding conversion of foreign licences. It depends on your hours and states the conversion requirements in ground school and flight training/tests. I don't have it to hand but will check for you.

Linda Mollison
1st Dec 2013, 17:18
Or better still, read information notice 2013/134 on the CAA website (http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/3/sarg_IN2013_134_v1_August%202013.pdf)

It explains in detail what you need to do.

Linda Mollison

sahni
4th Dec 2013, 01:45
There are various threads around this subject. Basically it depends on your experience (flying hours) how much effort the practical side of the conversion process is going to be. However, to convert into EASA CPL/IR, you will have to pass all 14 EASA ATPL subjects.

Cheers!