PDA

View Full Version : Your times to be at the sim.

BRL
11th May 2002, 11:22
Here are the times for you in the Trident sim.

9am Foghorn
10am Saab Dastard
11am Gyrohead
12 G-SXTY
1pm Pilot Coxy
2pm Mile Hi
3pm VACANT/AVAILABLE
4pm Myself (BRL)
5pm Flying For Fun
6pm VACANT/AVAILABLE

You can turn up at any point during the day if you want to. I ask you to be there about 15mins before your time to go on. As i say, you can arrive earlier to see how thigs are going if you have never done this before.
Also, Dont forget Foghorn will take you up in his plane based at biggin if you want to go for a spin at the end. E-mail him for more details.

If you cant make it, please get intouch with me asap. I am about to e-mail you all individually just in case you dont get to read this. Look forward to seeing you all soon.

foghorn
11th May 2002, 15:09
Also contact me if you want a lift from the station...

The flight will be weather and aircraft serviceability permitting, of course.

Cheers!
foggy.

foghorn
11th May 2002, 15:18
Big Red L, your e-mail is bouncing - please e-mail me!

cheers!
foggy.

BRL
11th May 2002, 17:23
....a bit like my landings then...!!!!!! e-mail sent...:)

DOC.400
11th May 2002, 18:09
Sticky -will u be arranging another session sometime??

DOC

FlyingForFun
13th May 2002, 09:43
Thanks for doing the organising, BRL - excellent! :)

Out of interest, though - I thought we do this two at a time - one pilot and one co-pilot??? Not a problem, just curious about how it's going to work, having never done anything like this before...

FFF
---------------

Mile_Hi
13th May 2002, 10:07
FFF You can be my "wing man" anytime ;)

G SXTY
13th May 2002, 12:15
Bullsh!t - you can be mine! :cool:

FlyingForFun
13th May 2002, 13:07
:D :cool: :D

BRL
13th May 2002, 13:52
Hi chaps. Foghorn has volunteered to do the instructing. What will happen is you will do half an hour in each seat with foggy being in the vacated seat. When your in the right hand seat, he will be in the left etc. If you want to do it differently other than the way stated here please let us know at the sim.

DOC.400 I am not sure if i will be doing it again as someone else is planning another one. I wont say anything right now as that wouldn't be right but watch the Wannabees forum. I will do it again though if there is a demand for this on a regular basis but only for you lot from the Private Flying Forum.

FFF Feel free to turn up for the entire day if you want to give it a go.!!!!! ;)

foghorn
14th May 2002, 15:20
Firstly I need to state my experience level with regards to instructing: I have a CPL/IR MCC but no airline experience, so there may be folks coming who have similar or more experience than myself. But I have flown the sim several times before and come free of charge, so will try to be as helpful and informative as possible.

If people want to pair up as Pilot Flying / Pilot Not Flying and just have me leaning over your shoulders making suggestions, that is fine by me - I can be ATC / trolley dolley / sim setter-upper! Alternatively I am happy to sit in the other seat for people. I expect that most people will want to be hands on flying, so I'm happy to be PNF for you.

It's really up to you - what you feel the most comfortable with. Please tell me before you go in if there is anything in particular you want to do. Unfotunately the sim visuals aren't quite good enough to do a loop under the Thames bridges (hey they're pretty good when you consider they're 1970's vintage), but apart from that things are pretty flexible within the capabilities of the sim, for instance:

- We could bash takeoffs to radar vectored ILS approaches to practice handling the Trident
- We could fly a SID to an airway and have a look at multi-crew procedures
- etc. etc.

Basically I'm cool doing whatever: it really is up to you!

cheers!
foggy

DOC.400
18th May 2002, 11:56
Thanx BRL. If u do do another one, count me in. Could u e me direct as I only surf Pprune occassionally, that's why I missed out on this one!! Darn! And I'm free on Sunday!

Mel

FlyingForFun
21st May 2002, 10:26
Foggy,

I appreciate you giving up your time to do this for us... I'm sure the fact that you have no airline experience won't reduce the value of the sim session at all. And anything which comes for free in aviation is worth having! (Although we all know you don't really come for free - I know I'll be at the front of the line of people waiting to buy you a beer afterwards! :D )

DOC, why not come along anyway? I'm sure someone wouldn't mind you sitting in the right seat and taking the controls for a bit during part of their session if you volunteered to contribute to the costs. In fact, you can fly alongside me if you don't get a better offer earlier on in the day!

I think I'll be arriving a few hours before my slot, to watch some others and hopefully learn a bit from them before I get a chance to screw it up myself! And also for a bit of a social gathering with anyone else who happens to arrive early, or hang around after they're done, of course....

FFF
---------------

BRL
21st May 2002, 11:04
The 3PM and 6PM slots are now available to whoever wants them.

foghorn
21st May 2002, 21:20
FFF: Cheers!

The bad news is that it looks like my Tiger is going to be in the avionics shop that weekend. So instead I shall be retiring after the sim session to the local pub for a couple of jars (which is a gorgeous old wood-beamed country pub called the White Bear).

If you're coming for a long stay at the sim, come prepared with food and drinks/water in advance, as the nearest shops are a good two mile drive away. It's amazing how parched you get when you are landing 150 passengers and 58 tons of Trident in a Heathrow pea-souper!

cheers!
foggy

BRL
22nd May 2002, 16:43
The 9AM slot has just become available if anyone wants itas well as the 3PM and 6PM slots.

soppybeagle
25th May 2002, 12:24
Hello,

I would be happy to take the 6pm slot, assuming it is tommorow 26-05-02.