PDA

View Full Version : GEN2 - B737NG

B737NG_Pilot
28th Nov 2013, 12:38
Captains normally place the selector, on the AC/DC metering panel to Generator 2, during the before taxi procedure. Never received a satisfactory answer as to why this done. Glad if any one could help.

High Energy
28th Nov 2013, 12:45
Never seen anyone use that panel besides in the sim/APU. Got me curious now...

Fullblast
28th Nov 2013, 14:47
There is no technical reason, it's only an operator sop. Boeing doesn't put this practice in any checklist. If i remember correctly is a procedure coming from the -200 series.

BARKINGMAD
28th Nov 2013, 15:16
With a certain large British airline, on the 300-500 series we used to select the left hand selector to Batt #1 and the right hand to S'by Power, thereby showing up early, any batt charge rate or s'by power anomaly, depending on how often ones head fell backwards to look at the roof.

I carried the same habit across to the NG as it seemed a logical and sensible thing to do, in the absence of the gospel according to SOP.

Otherwise it seems to depend on the preference of the G O F in the left seat, or wherever the switches were left from previous selections. :)

kwstas
28th Nov 2013, 17:07
Hi,
in our company ( 737-400) in the SOP's there isn't any recommendation. During L/T TRI's advice me that is a good practice to set AC selector to GEN2 so monitor alternate power source for battery charger. We set DC selector to BAT.

Skyjob
28th Nov 2013, 21:42
Such procedure was indeed used on pre-NG 737 family aircraft.
There is no need for this anymore on NG due different system design.

Mr.Buzzy
29th Nov 2013, 01:57
I set TR3 and INV.
Every other position will have failures alerted by a master caution.

B737NG_Pilot
29th Nov 2013, 14:02
Thank you everyone. It makes sense now.:D:D

fmcinop
29th Nov 2013, 20:03
Mr Buzzy is correct.

There is no use monitoring anything other than Inv and TR3. inv mast caution is inhibited in flight and TR3 is the only TR actually measured off the TR. TR 1 and TR2 are measured off the bus so even if they fail the will still indicate on the electrical panel that they are working.