PDA

View Full Version : FI Renewal/revalidation

S-Works
6th Nov 2013, 19:01
Does an FI have to do a seminar to revalidate or renew a rating or can it just be done by test every time?

Whopity
6th Nov 2013, 20:28
It is no longer a rating, it is a Certificate. There is no requirement for a seminar unless you do not have the 50 hours experience as a FI, TRI, CRI, IRI, MI or examiner in the appropriate aircraft category during the 3 year validity period, or you have let the Certificate expire.

slr737
6th Nov 2013, 20:38
According to EASA law, you need 2 out of 3 with either :

- 50 hours
- a seminar
- a test with a FIE

At least every 6 years, you should do a test. But you could if needed want to make a test every 3 years.

chrisbl
9th Nov 2013, 19:35
Does an FI have to do a seminar to revalidate or renew a rating or can it just be done by test every time?

You ought to ask your head of training

S-Works
9th Nov 2013, 22:27
I did ask myself. Could not come up with a definitive answer so thought I would ask around. Had varying opinion from some wiser than me.....

Just wanted to cast the net wider...

Being Head of Training does not make you the fountain of all knowledge, just wise enough to know when to ask a question. :ok:

BEagle
13th Nov 2013, 19:48
:rolleyes:

Might I recommend http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAP%20804%20searchable.pdf ....

mikemorgan81
21st Nov 2013, 10:49
I've heard it said that the first revalidation must include a flight test. Is there any truth in this. Naturally, Cap 804 uses clear and concise language..

"for at least each alternate subsequent revalidation, the holder shall have to pass an assessment of competence"

nick14
21st Nov 2013, 11:00
That's the law as stated in regulation aircrew.

As far as I'm concerned that's what you must do so no need for the first revalidation to be by AoC

ClintonBaptiste
25th Nov 2013, 12:33
Carrying on from this topic, I have another regarding Expired FI and Multi-Engine Instructor ratings.

My JAA FI was valid from September 2008 until September 2011, since when I have not renewed it.

I did my Multi-Engine Instructor Rating in October 2010 with Whopity after some nice training by bose-x (Thanks again to both of you for being really helpful, I really appreciate it - I'm now up to around 500 hours instruction on the twin)

Since February 2011 I have been instructing in Qatar (They based my licence on my JAA licence, then I had to do just the flight exams here), my question is what do I have to do in order to renew my Ratings, I am about to renew my ME/IR, then convert to an EASA licence - but I'm a bit lost regarding how to renew the instructor ratings under EASA? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Whopity
25th Nov 2013, 19:58
I've heard it said that the first revalidation must include a flight test. That was a JAA requirement, it is not an EASA requirement.

Whopity
25th Nov 2013, 20:00
but I'm a bit lost regarding how to renew the instructor ratings under EASA?Seminar plus Flight Test, quite straightforward.