PDA

View Full Version : Ground Examiner - EASA

fireflybob
29th Oct 2013, 22:58
Can anyone please point me in the right direction to find the requirements to become a ground examiner under EASA? I have taken a good look but cannot seem to track it down.

nick14
30th Oct 2013, 07:55
To be honest I don't think it exists under EASA. I seem to remember some IN about it although if you look at the 1128 it is still on the application.

If there were requirements previously then I would bet they haven't changed much.

S-Works
30th Oct 2013, 08:08
You will need to be working in an ATO and be sponsored by the Head of Training. I have just sponsored a new GRE to work for me in Spain.

You will need to be an FI or hold an AOPA Ground Instructor Certificate.

The fee is about £58 as I recall.

keith williams
30th Oct 2013, 11:18
Standards Document 11 on the CAA website covers it.

But it may well be out of date (well it is on the CAA website).

GgW
31st Oct 2013, 12:50
The fee for certification or re-certification is £239. Valid for 3 years.

MrAverage
31st Oct 2013, 13:07
and a GRE can no longer sign reval by experience.......

Whopity
31st Oct 2013, 16:09
Yes they can! For National ratings.

MrAverage
2nd Nov 2013, 09:06
I forgot that wrinkle! Now I'm trying to remember which ones there are, SLMG maybe? No, I can't remember, now let me think, SSEA, isn't that by test only?........ It's no good, I'll have to wade through the docs to look them all up. Hang on a minute, Whopity's set me on a course that will gobble up another few hours, do I really really need to know?

MrAverage
2nd Nov 2013, 10:12
Of course - National UK PPL - SEP by experience - no problem. Came to me on the way to the field, no need for hours on the net now!