PDA

View Full Version : SEP - Sea written exam info required

Dragonlight
25th Oct 2013, 21:31
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to complete the written exam element of the Seaplane rating and wonders if anyone here could point me in the direction of any resources or learning objectives for the exam. I'm looking to take the professional exam so that in the future I can put it to work, so if anyone could provide some further information on the differences that would be great.

I've been on the receiving end of some fantastic instruction for the flying, and my instructor is providing me with some information for the written exam but I thought I'd ask to see if anything further was available, as it info and prep material seems to be thin on the ground.

Any help kindly appreciated.

Regards.

Whopity
26th Oct 2013, 08:24
The only reference I can find is CAP53 Part 2 Chapter 3 Para 4 (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43823021/CAP53%20Seamanship.pdf). Its 20 years old but probably the most up to date reference. It related to the PPL rating but is still the basis for the "professional" exam.

S-Works
26th Oct 2013, 15:30
Speak to Alan Newton at Ontrack. I did the private exam with him and then went to Gatwick and did the professional exam at Gatwick with no further study.

Dragonlight
29th Oct 2013, 10:22
Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Regards.