PDA

View Full Version : PPL Distance Learning best manual and exam prep

kly
25th Oct 2013, 17:56
We would like to offer our students a PPL Distance Learning theory course in English. We will need a printed or an online manuals and online problem-solving training solution. The latter can be a collection of questions and software to install on our own server or licencing access for our students to a third-party site for exam training.

Any recommentdations from people who did an evaluation recently?

paco
3rd Nov 2013, 06:29
Send me a PM - we have a distance learning course ready to go.

Phil

Genghis the Engineer
3rd Nov 2013, 09:42
This one is free (presumably to persuade people to stick with them if they do the ATPL)...

CATS Free PPL(A)(H) Online Course (http://www.catsaviation.com/ppl)

I've not used it, but I did use CATS material some years back for my CPL and it was pretty good.

G

BigGrecian
4th Nov 2013, 14:15
CATS are not approved for the PPL groundschool so although an aid it can't count as a part of your PPL course so you'd have to repeat the training at the ATO you choose to attend.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/20131003_sarg_lts_Doc%2031%20V114.pdf

CATS Support
22nd Nov 2013, 20:14
We can confirm that CATS are approved for the PPL(A) theoretical knowledge course with a 70 h DL - 30 h residential split

The design had close involvement of the UK CAA

The free online PPL theory course originated in Cranfield to assist PPL flight students at our flight school and has since grown into an extensive system supported by our foundation

Mickey Kaye
23rd Nov 2013, 17:41
CATS Support

Please could you confirm that a Rf that has to convert to an ATO can use the FREE online PPL course that you are offering. As 70 hours towards the 100 hours of classroom teaching that is now required by EASA/CAA as part of PPL training?

CATS Support
24th Nov 2013, 08:03
Yes.

It is also used for the 30 h residential component utilizing the overview lectures and practice exam papers that are on the system.

We can provide the sections from our theoretical knowledge training manual for you to implement the course