PDA

View Full Version : TRE addition of another type

slr737
20th Oct 2013, 11:08
I was looking at the EASA law and CAP804 and nowhere it is written that if you change type you have to redo an AoC on the different type.

When speaking to examiner colleague from other EASA country, once they are TRE (and within the 3 years validity, ....) as soon as they get a new TRI rating on a different type, they automatically become TRE on that type.

However looking at standard document 24 point 8.4, it specify ;

8.4 When an examiner adds or transfers to a different aircraft type he will qualify on that type as an examiner using the EAoC format. It may be conducted by a CAA Inspector/Examiner (CAAI/E) or a SE.

I thought that I was the case under LASOR, but it does not seem to be the case under EASA anymore.

Will ask gatwick but Anybody has any highlight on that or went throught adding a new type on his examiner licence since 2013?

nick14
20th Oct 2013, 16:18
AMC1 FCL.1015 Examiner standardisation

For extension of an examiner certificate to further types (as required for TRE), further practical training on the new type may be required, consisting of the conduct of at least one test or check profile in the role of examiner on the new type, including briefing, conduct of the skill test and proficiency check, assessment of the applicant to whom the test or check is given, debriefing and recording or documentation under the supervision of an examiner of the appropriate category on the applicable type. A further examiner check on the new type may be required, which may be supervised by an inspector of the competent authority or a suitably authorised senior examiner.

The CAA must want to enforce the above AMC text, which to me seems totally reasonable.

slr737
21st Oct 2013, 06:01
Good point, had not read that. Other caa probably only use the first sim session observe by an other examiner

nick14
21st Oct 2013, 10:13
The Irish certainly use the AoC route as there is an application form for extension of privileges. I would imagine most authorities would do the same.

slr737
21st Oct 2013, 10:44
Not the french or Belgian. They have no extension or adding a type on their TRE application form.

Haven't yet looked at other country.

slr737
31st Oct 2013, 18:16
Further digging into EASA, the AMC and specific EASA country paper, it seems that the issue of a check on each Type of aircraft for the TRE is not the case for the SFE.

An SFE would not need to do another AoC check to extend his privilege to another type.

That seems awkward as there are not many difference between a TRE and SFE?

Or am I totally out of the loop?

nick14
31st Oct 2013, 18:57
I think the implication from the above AMC would include further types for any examiner certificate including the SFE.

Regardless the uk will obviously want another AoC.