PDA

View Full Version : EASA FI rating instructing for CPL

Mickey Kaye
18th Oct 2013, 20:11
I've not seen many EASA licences so please excpet my apologies for the dumb questions.

I split my time between an rf and an ATO. The ATO offers PPL,CPL and IR training. However at present I am not dong any CPL instruction.

I've just switched to an EASA licence and I note in the priviledges of my FI rating FCL905.FI it states I don't have the privledges to teach for the CPL Part D.

How does this work then. I could be teaching for the CPL next week and if that is the case what do I have to do?

I should add my current SEP rating is on the back of the licence so I will be making a phone call on monday.

Whopity
18th Oct 2013, 21:35
It appears that the number of errors in new licences is considerable so you should not be surprised. You need to advise the CAA of any errors or omissions.

Cobalt
18th Oct 2013, 23:41
Interesting, that one. Instructing for the CPL requires 500 hours TT in Aircraft and 200 hours as instructor, nothing else, and I don't think any paperwork either... so how on earth do you get the corresponding entry on the licence?

Whopity
19th Oct 2013, 08:01
I think that is the crux of the problem, they clearly don't go back through the applicant's record as they did in the days of microfiche, so they are totally dependent on the data provided on the 1104 and attached certificates. It's all very shambolic.
Amidst all the EASA changes they have now disbanded the licensing dept and now everything goes through the Hub! God knows where it comes out!

S-Works
19th Oct 2013, 09:31
Interesting, that one. Instructing for the CPL requires 500 hours TT in Aircraft and 200 hours as instructor, nothing else, and I don't think any paperwork either... so how on earth do you get the corresponding entry on the licence?

You fill in an SRG1133 and send it to the CAA with proof you have met the requirements and they send out a new licence with the relevant entry in it.

Cobalt
19th Oct 2013, 10:57
Ouch! I should have ticked that box when I got the supervisory restriction removed...

Now I have to pay another fee if I ever want to instruct CPL...

BigGrecian
20th Oct 2013, 18:22
nothing else, and I don't think any paperwork either

You have to complete the CPL standardisation training listed in the school's operations manual and the school has to keep those records for 5 years.