PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Racing coming to Ascot on 2014

overandout
11th Oct 2013, 14:35
This news should bring a smile to all pilots and more work and noise from the nimbys

chevvron
11th Oct 2013, 15:02
No link so where did you get the info?

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
11th Oct 2013, 15:23
I found this: Red Bull Air Race | Ascot (http://www.redbullairrace.com/en_GB/event/ascot)

David Roberts
11th Oct 2013, 15:25
FAI involved with Breitling sponsor:

Red Bull Air Race back on stage in 2014 - FAI to collaborate to the race (http://www.fai.org/news/37906-red-bull-air-race-back-on-stage-in-2014-fai-to-collaborate-to-the-race)

chevvron
11th Oct 2013, 16:40
Wonder if anyone's told TC/Heathrow Ops. I know they de-regulate the airspace for Ascot Racecourse Heliport, but this type of event is different. Will they take off/land at the racecourse I wonder?

Talkdownman
11th Oct 2013, 16:49
Too early for Class D.
I think Heathrow Special should separate them all...

ShyTorque
11th Oct 2013, 17:35
No problem.

Surely all they need to do is to comply with AIC049/2011. If they plan to remain outside the "inner area" of the LHR CTR then they can call "Special" on the ground.

Otherwise, if operating anywhere from about NNW round to the ESE of Ascot they need to phone LTCSWA to obtain takeoff permission, giving the lat/long and exact departure time. This can take a mere twenty minutes or so and may result in an "equivalent delay" to that applied to inbound IFR traffic to LHR.

Should make for a real action packed weekend. The locals will obviously love it, especially those relaxing in their quiet country retreats with Olympic sized swimming pools.... :E

RTN11
11th Oct 2013, 22:47
Why would the airspace requirements be any different to when they held it at the Millennium Dome?

Talkdownman
12th Oct 2013, 10:27
Because Millennium Dome is in Class D airspace where VFR flight is permitted and standard separation not required.

Tay Cough
12th Oct 2013, 11:21
On the basis that these chaps have exemptions to fly under bridges and the like, I would imagine they have probably covered any issues at Ascot. ;)