PDA

View Full Version : Sabreliner Control Limitations

Brian Abraham
10th Oct 2013, 21:10
There is a guy posting by the handle flarepilot in Tech Log who claims the aircraft had a placard on the panel limiting control deflection to 50% when above 40,000 feet. Any one able to very one way or the other? Many thanks.

flyboyike
10th Oct 2013, 21:44
No mention of that in the NATOPS student guide, but that's not to say civilian aircraft didn't have it.

http://www.cnatra.navy.mil/pubs/folder5/NFO_SNFO/P-857.pdf

ksjc
11th Oct 2013, 15:00
Ask flarepilot where this placard is found and perhaps you can see it on a good quality cockpit photo from airliners.net or the like...

BTW.. Is it me or does flarepilot write in the same tone as teldorserious? Funny that.

flyboyike
11th Oct 2013, 16:07
I don't see it in any of these photos.

Photo Search Results | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?aircraft_genericsearch=%3D%28%22north+american+ sabreliner+%28t-39%29%22+OR+%22north+american+rockwell+sabreliner+%28t-39%29%22%29&airlinesearch=&countrysearch=&specialsearch=cockpit&keywords=&sort_order=photo_id+desc&page_limit=15&daterange=&range=&thumbnails=&engine_version=6.0)

con-pilot
11th Oct 2013, 18:23
Brian

There is a guy posting by the handle flarepilot in Tech Log who claims the aircraft had a placard on the panel limiting control deflection to 50% when above 40,000 feet. Any one able to very one way or the other? Many thanks.

I just posted in that thread. I found my Flight Safety International Sabre 40/60 training manual.

There is a limitation on the aileron. But it has nothing to do with altitude, it is a speed restriction.

DO NOT USE MORE THAN ONE-HALF AILERON DEFLECTION ABOVE 225 KNOTS.

The Sabre 65 has no such restriction.

Brian Abraham
11th Oct 2013, 19:06
Many thanks for the responses guys. ksjc, agreed, it's teldorserious aka SSG again, having another wet dream. I'm thinking SSG stands for something like Serially Stupid Goon.

flarepilot
12th Oct 2013, 03:00
hey brian

so, even though I was wrong about the alt, I was right about the aileron deflection and speed.

I am not ssg or teldorsorus

what I am must scare you...someone who knows more than you do about airplanes

BRIAN.

CL300
12th Oct 2013, 05:36

BRIAN.

This says it all...:suspect:

His dudeness
12th Oct 2013, 08:52

Exactly so CL300. The buddy-chiefpilot-hires-less-qualified-than-him whining will start soon. Tiring & boring...