PDA

View Full Version : Vandalism

wrecker
8th Oct 2013, 16:56
Three aircraft on a strip not far from Reading were written off last night having been rammed by a vehicle or vehicles. If you have a strip in the Home Counties you might want to take note and look to your security.

Sir George Cayley
8th Oct 2013, 18:44
You know with that Handle you're going to get the piss taken;)

Same thing happened at Redhill a few years ago - I hope they catch who ever did this.

Any webcam on the hangar by chance?

foxmoth
8th Oct 2013, 18:51
You know with that Handle you're going to get the piss taken

Had much the same thought myself:D

Police have made an arrest according to the local BBC news. :ok:

John R81
8th Oct 2013, 19:05
BBC News - Arrest after vehicle damages three planes at Englefield airfield (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-24450897)

A man has been arrested after three light aircraft were vandalised at an airfield near Reading.

Thames Valley Police said "significant damage" was caused by a vehicle being driven into the Cessna single engine planes in Englefield.

It is thought several hundred thousand pounds worth of damage was caused. A Jeep Grand Cherokee was discovered set alight nearby, in Bath Road.

A 29-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident.

Police said the Cessna planes included a 50 vintage type, a four-seater piston-powered plane and a six-seater light business plane.

piperboy84
8th Oct 2013, 20:18
Three aircraft on a strip not far from Reading were written off last night having been rammed by a vehicle or vehicles. If you have a strip in the Home Counties you might want to take note and look to your security.

More than "just" vandalism, gratuitously destroying someones hard earned and expensive kit and interfering with there livelihood no doubt, stuff like that just really chaps my ass. I've had my hangar done over twice in the last 3 years, first time they nicked a computer and snow boards, second time they got the Ifor Williams, some scaffolding and a few of the boys scramblers,

Got a surprise for the :mad: next time they try it if everything goes to plan.

maxred
8th Oct 2013, 21:52
Remember the guy that 'electrified' his Ford Cortina, plonker turns up to theive it, gets electrocuted, then the owner of said car, yes, got charged.

Bring back public flogging I say....

Pilot DAR
8th Oct 2013, 23:46
I have a motion activated hunting camera in the hangar, and another in the driveway. I know who's been there, and photographic proof if I need it...

Jonzarno
9th Oct 2013, 07:51
Got a surprise for the motherf^%kers next time they try it if everything goes to plan.

I'm completely on your side on this but be very, very careful what you do. If the poor dears get hurt, it could be you that ends up being persecuted, oops sorry that should be prosecuted.

Crash one
9th Oct 2013, 08:46
maxred (http://www.pprune.org/members/165555-maxred)

Remember the guy that 'electrified' his Ford Cortina, plonker turns up to theive it, gets electrocuted, then the owner of said car, yes, got charged.

I would say the plonker got overcharged.

Planemike
9th Oct 2013, 09:09
Usual routine in incidents like this, is to lay the blame at the door of "spotters"........!!

Will Hung
9th Oct 2013, 09:32
It's not the Hares that are the vermin is it. They'll be "Travellers of Irish Heritage" (as it says on one of the many ethnicity forms I've filled out).

rans6andrew
9th Oct 2013, 12:17
mmm.... I would be interested to know how an arrest could be made so soon after the crime came to light. Sounds like they were already onto the culprit(s) but didn't quite get there quickly enough to prevent it happening. Still, if the arrest was the right person ,"well done to the boys in blue" and if it wasn't, I hope my aircraft is safe just a very few miles from there.

jxk
9th Oct 2013, 17:33
I have a particularly strong feelings against the perpetrator because of my personal involvement with one of the aircraft written off in this terrible act of vandalism. The aircraft will be very difficult to replace as they are getting rarer and rarer. I suppose the culprit doesn't know or care about the loving care and hard work put into maintaining these aircraft. I wish there could be a way of inflicting the same damage on something that he cares about but of course these idiots haven't got the intelligence to work for or save for anything worth having. What kind of world do we live in when everyone gets education and still treats other people with such disdain. :{

jxk
9th Oct 2013, 18:32
I now see that the person responsible has been released on bail - I hope the bail sum was equal to the value of all the aircraft written off by this mindless act.

Jonzarno
9th Oct 2013, 19:12
I now see that the person responsible has been released on bail - I hope the bail sum was equal to the value of all the aircraft written off by this mindless act.

Erm... Afraid it's likely to be police bail which doesn't involve any payment. Also, don't hold your breath expecting any kind of deterrent sentence: victims and deterrence are the lowest two priorities in our "justice" system. :ugh:

UV
9th Oct 2013, 19:39
I now see that the person responsible has been released on bail
To disappear....

piperboy84
9th Oct 2013, 19:49
Police bail huh?

Here is how they dealt with a guy who vandalized trains in Singapore, interesting how he appealed his sentence as unfair, the judge agreed and slapped a few more months on for good measure.

Oliver Fricker - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver_Fricker)

Will Hung
9th Oct 2013, 20:17
C'mon Guys. Us law-abiding, tax paying, hard working scum have probably failed to help these people integrate into our society. We're to blame. Let's leave the judiciary to hand out a savage supervision order.

cessnapete
9th Oct 2013, 20:32
Cessna 180A and Cessna 182T trashed and written off. Other aircraft damaged but repairable.

Above The Clouds
9th Oct 2013, 20:45
Got a surprise for the :mad: next time they try it if everything goes to plan

Cessna 180A and Cessna 182T trashed and written off. Other aircraft damaged but repairable.

Whip the ****ers senseless.

Crash one
10th Oct 2013, 10:01
Lock the bas@£)(? In a hangar with a few hungry German Shepards, turn them into dog :mad:.

chevvron
10th Oct 2013, 12:56
BBC report says 3 a/c written off; presumably the third was the C210 Turboprop.

m.Berger
10th Oct 2013, 13:26
As the worthless scroat will have no money, encourage the insurers recycle his organs for spare parts.

hoodie
10th Oct 2013, 17:29
In my dreams I see Judge Flying Lawyer. And a black cap.

Desert185
10th Oct 2013, 20:50
"What kind of world do we live in when everyone gets education and still treats other people with such disdain. http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/boohoo.gif "

There's good education and bad education. Part of the problem is 'spare the rod, spoil the child'. I think it all started in the U.S. with Dr. Spock.

abgd
11th Oct 2013, 02:42
I'm completely on your side on this but be very, very careful what you do. If the poor dears get hurt, it could be you that ends up being persecuted, oops sorry that should be prosecuted. I don't have any great disagreement with natural justice except insofar as to point out that e.g. if there's a petrol leak and the fire crew have to break in to deal with it, they don't deserve to be electrocuted and possibly immolated as their reward. On that basis, if no other, I'd agree in principle with prosecuting people who set booby traps.

TWT
11th Oct 2013, 06:41
I'll be very interested to see what penalty is applied when he gets to court.I hope it's more than 3 lashes with a wet lettuce leaf.

cessnapete
11th Oct 2013, 06:49
C180 and C182 written off. C210 damaged but repairable.

wrecker
11th Oct 2013, 09:03
Sorry to hear that Pete.
There are only a very limited numbers of C180 around now, you will have to search hard for a replacement. Perhaps you could consider going down the permit route!

jxk
11th Oct 2013, 17:17
I hope Peter or anyone affected by this vandalism doesn't read the Indie's comments on this subject. They mostly seem pleased that this happened and are very personal about the owner of the airfield. There are a lot of jealous and left wing views expressed in these comments - just makes you wonder about the world we live in. :{

rusty sparrow
11th Oct 2013, 18:40
Out of the first dozen comments on the Indy article are these (as of 7:30 pm):

hello • an hour ago
one persons vandal is another persons freedom fighter

uanime5 • 3 hours ago
If an MP can afford to buy aircrafts they're already being paid enough. They don't need a 10% pay rise.

---

I probably spend less per year on flying permit aircraft than the typical football or music fans do on their hobbies. I've been driving the same car for the last ten years and choose to spend what I save on flying.

Although some rich people fly, it's not a rich mans hobby.

The worthless scrote who did this should be sweeping the runway at Heathrow for the next year - with a toothbrush.

Aeronut
11th Oct 2013, 18:42
I have a motion activated hunting camera in the hangar, and another in the driveway. I know who's been there, and photographic proof if I need it...

All you get is video of balaclavas :suspect:

piperboy84
11th Oct 2013, 20:37
Quote:

I'm completely on your side on this but be very, very careful what you do. If the poor dears get hurt, it could be you that ends up being persecuted, oops sorry that should be prosecuted.
I don't have any great disagreement with natural justice except insofar as to point out that e.g. if there's a petrol leak and the fire crew have to break in to deal with it, they don't deserve to be electrocuted and possibly immolated as their reward. On that basis, if no other, I'd agree in principle with prosecuting people who set booby traps. ]

No booby traps planned, nothing dangerous, something a tad more subtle