View Full Version : Amman Airport Briefing OJAI

Speedwinner
30th Sep 2013, 07:33
Hi folks,

first time there, can you give me some useful informations concerning the airport? Approaches, Terrain, vectors etc?

Thanks so much!!!

latetonite
30th Sep 2013, 08:27
What I remember is they usually give you a very short vector towards the localizer. Plan the approach well.

J.L.Seagull
30th Sep 2013, 09:00
Yup! You'll most likely get a direct to 7-10mile final. Cuts out nearly 30-odd track miles.

Also, LOTS of construction on the ground. Know your taxiways well.

Dave Clarke Fife
30th Sep 2013, 09:08
If you are inbound from Europe and avoiding Syrian airspace. (like we do) then you will more than likely come via Tel Aviv routing via Siron - J19 - Salam for a SALAM3A (Rwy 08L/R) or SALAM2A (Rwy26L/R) arrival. Tel Aviv ADIZ will want a call at 180nm out from BGN and then clear you in. Expect descent to 13000' QNH and then 11000' at SALAM. Radar vectors with Amman Approach are good, standard of RT generally good but as above expect possible tight vectors onto final approach. Airfield elevation is 2397' but temperatures are now coming down but still be aware of energy management (TAS/GS).

Most times I've been there I've landed on 26L vacating at C or D then taxi-ing A to G onto the northern apron. Not been for a while but last time I was there groundworks precluded using N so it was into the apron (and out) via J.