PDA

View Full Version : ATO Roadshows announced

ifitaintboeing
29th Sep 2013, 12:07
This IN is to advise Registered Training Facilities of the dates and venues of seminars being run by the CAA in November. The purpose of the seminars is to give guidance to RTFs on what is involved in becoming an ATO.

IN-2013/150: CAA Seminars on the Transition of Registered Training Facilities to Approved Training Organisations | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5770)

BigEndBob
30th Sep 2013, 20:55
So why are they tagging on the end a discussion on infringements?
Why not concentrate on the task at hand.
Don't envy those from the CAA given this task.
Suppose they will just blame someone else.

md 600 driver
1st Oct 2013, 12:18
jakl
i wondered the same anyone know when they will be published or will they be given to the atendees only

md 600 driver
1st Oct 2013, 12:19
jakl
strange my post apeared before a post i was replying to

just noticed the clock time my computor says 2210

JAKL
1st Oct 2013, 16:07
Anybody seen the RTF - ATO manual templates? The ones that were due to be publish by the end of September.

BigEndBob
1st Oct 2013, 18:41
Why does it need a seminar.
Just print in simple English what has to be done and indicate what resources they will provide.
Or is it a case of see how the punters react, then we will come up wth the goods.

GGT
3rd Oct 2013, 20:54
Don't knock this. I think such seminars might be very worthwhile. I remember back in 1999/2000, when we were assailed with the UK to JAR conversion, we had numerous such seminars. I and my colleagues found them invaluable. You could ask questions, engage in dialog and put the boot in if you wanted. Lots of stuff came out of them. Much better than trying to comprehend poorly put together black print on white paper on your own.

At my FTO's last audit I lamented the fact that no such seminars had manifested themselves for the JAR to EASA conversion, and that we were all poorer for that. Our authority's response to that was that it was difficult to put such seminars together when every thing's changing so much. You might have thought that would have been a good enough reason on its own for some engagement, not none.

Presumably, embarrassment or panic has eventually pushed the CAA down this road. I'll take them up on their offer. I'd be interested in what they have to say. At least if you're there and you don't like it you can heckle.