PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build time on a twin near Edinburgh - recommendations

rmdr2
28th Sep 2013, 19:23
Chaps

I'm trying to find a multi-engine aircraft on which to build hours. So far, not having much luck finding one.

I am Edinburgh-based, but I am prepared to travel - within reason.

If anyone has any suggestions/recommendations - private, club, or school - they would be much appreciated...

Thanks

rmdr2

NorthSouth
29th Sep 2013, 02:35
Dundee or Perth probably now the only options in Scotland

dont overfil
29th Sep 2013, 09:55
I think NS is correct but you will not get solo hire from these schools. These aircraft are pretty busy doing IR training.

I know of two other private twins further north but again I cannot see it likely solo hire being available.

The last time I saw twins available for hire near you was Turnhouse Flying club which closed in 2000.

D.O.

mad_jock
29th Sep 2013, 10:24
I haven't heard of any twins that are really viable to rent in the UK.

Schools aren't interested because its a well used resource and if you break it it, it causes heaps of issues.

I looked at trying to get 30 hours PIC for getting my MEP CRI and in the end concluded that the only way to do it was go to the states and convert to FAA and then fly it. Even then most had a 50 hour rule which I could comply with. And there was a lot of dodgy deals which wouldn't work with the way we log hours in Europe.

rmdr2
29th Sep 2013, 11:38
Thanks chaps

That's my experience too... nothing happening in the UK...

If there are any privately-owned multi's out there that might consider allowing me to fly 30hrs or so, please PM me.

rmdr2
(TT 550hrs; Multi 75hrs on a Baron)

flystrathclyde
29th Sep 2013, 18:44
If you are serious about looking for some hours send me a PM. I can help you.

Allan

silverknapper
29th Sep 2013, 22:52
Taysides Seneca has been out of the game a while. I'm not sure it was ever fully booked though DO. I suspect it will be grounded a while longer sadly.

I'm afraid with your hours insurance may be the biggest obstacle even in the unlikely event you can find one.