PDA

View Full Version : Man's best friend

doodledog
26th Sep 2013, 21:28
Whilst encouraging my Master to watch the excellent trade-training feature entitled 'The Wonder Of Dogs' on BBC2 this evening, my Master became very excited over the sight of a 'Jaguar' logo'd Aircrew timepiece at approximately 32 mins in. Apparently the featured Doberman has a certain well-known PPrune contributor Human, although my Master suggested that a more Nordic canine might have been more appropriate. ;)

Regards, Doodledog

Courtney Mil
26th Sep 2013, 21:37
About time we had some decent canine input to the forum. I'd like to send you one of those Dentastick things as a reward. Perhaps you could get your master to show you how to post pictures of the items you mention. Assuming he knows you're a PPRuNer.

Good boy.

TomJoad
26th Sep 2013, 21:48
Apparently the featured Doberman has a certain well-known PPrune contributor Human, although my Master suggested that a more Nordic canine might have been more appropriate. ;)

Regards, Doodledog

I may be over thinking this but does the reference to a more Nordic canine offer a clue as to the identity of the PPruner?

doodledog
26th Sep 2013, 22:02
Tom, are you my Bloodhound cousin by any chance? :D

PS The dentastick was very nice Courtney, much nicer than the rating you once gave my Master!:E RUFF!

Courtney Mil
26th Sep 2013, 22:13
Well now you have me there. I wonder when that may have been. Or on what type. The wonder of dogs indeed. Lucky you managed to get a Mil Av flavour into the thread.

doodledog
26th Sep 2013, 22:33
Courtney, not lucky at all - see 'Jaguar' in original Post!

(BTW Hawk, mid 80s, recovery to Chiv on PAN post UP vertical recovery inspired engine surge!):ok:

Fox3WheresMyBanana
26th Sep 2013, 23:39
Canada is bilingual

http://jetpetresort.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/north-vancouver-dog-park-sign-225x300.jpg

ludgar
27th Sep 2013, 00:07
doodledog

would you like an invite to meet my ex-wife? I think you'd get on together.

Courtney Mil
27th Sep 2013, 06:34
Ah, yes, Doodledog. Got you. :ok:

CoffmanStarter
27th Sep 2013, 06:44
There's only one person qualified to moderate this thread ... which I think will run and run ...

http://www.collectorsfigurines.com/images/dpyp14.jpg

He'll be along in a minute once he's finished sniffing the tree in his back garden :ok:

PS. My BBQ Co Pilot, Harvey the black lab, sends his regards ...

Wensleydale
27th Sep 2013, 07:22
Beagle is notable by his absence from this thread..

As an afterthought, I was going to suggest a thread called "Dogs I have met during my time in the service", but I thought that it may go in the wrong direction.

dubbleyew eight
27th Sep 2013, 07:29
hey dog lovers have a squiz at this little dog. lovely placid little guy he is.
he is a cross breed, a rather special one.
what do you think the parental breeds are?
http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/dubbleyew8/DSC00861_zps7e9e33a0.jpg

Surplus
27th Sep 2013, 07:47
Golden Lab X Jack Russell

dubbleyew eight
27th Sep 2013, 07:54
no he's more exotic than that.
he is a Jack Russell Terrier and Australian Dingo cross.
from what I saw of him over a week he has all the intelligence of a jack Russell with none of the competitive aggression.

a quiet, maybe even illegal, experiment by an aboriginal guy with lots of dingo experience.
my pair of Jack Russells were with me for 18 years.
looking at the guys work, I think he is on to a winner if the breed turns out to be a stable gene stock.

walbut
27th Sep 2013, 08:19
About 25 years ago I worked at Pilatus Aircraft in Switzerland. The RSAF were having some teething problems with their PC9 trainers and myself and a couple of other systems engineers from BAe Brough were loaned to Pilatus to try and help them solve the problems.

We worked for an excitable Swiss engineer called Herman for whom everything had to be done at top speed and short notice. Also in our office was a Czech engineer called George who was the complete opposite. He was very thorough and methodical but took ages to get even the smallest job done. One thing both had in common was that they were both tug pilots at the local gliding club on Buochs airfield. Since I was also a glider pilot I occasionally joined in their conversations.

One Monday morning Herman came in to the office with a big grin on his face and told us the following story. George had been doing the daily inspection of the tug the previous day. He noticed that the nose leg oleo seemed to be leaking. He rubbed the leaking area with his finger and thought it felt more like water than oil. He then licked his finger and thought it tasted salty. Very puzzled by this and being of a very cautious nature he went over to Herman and told him the nose leg was leaking what seemed to be salt water. How could this be happening? Herman replied 'Didn't you see that dog pissing on the nose leg a few minutes ago?......'

Walbut

Courtney Mil
27th Sep 2013, 08:22
I can see the dingo in him. Handsome.:ok:

Corporal Clott
27th Sep 2013, 19:11
Yes, I saw Nelly with his vineyard polo shirt on telly. Not sure who he is though on the Prune... :confused:

Still, let's not 'out' him. Don't forget Jag mates don't like coming out of the closet...:ok:

CPL Clott

TomJoad
27th Sep 2013, 21:09
I haven't got a clue what is going on - situation normal. But thought this appropriate:ok:

http://sashadichter.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/gary-larson-blah-blah-ginger.jpg?w=640