PDA

View Full Version : CENSORSHIP.

BARKINGMAD
25th Sep 2013, 13:10
Mods, please explain to Pprune followers why the thread on a missing accident report has disappeared.

fantom
25th Sep 2013, 13:13
Go to the Safety thread; it's there.

Oh and relax.

BARKINGMAD
25th Sep 2013, 13:17
Thanks fantom, but maybe it would have been polite to leave a road sign as to its new location?

Apparently the topic is too sensitive in some quarters!!!!!

Therefore so am I. :)

touch&go
25th Sep 2013, 13:26
Told you so, put out of harms way in the bowles of the board.

Hotel Tango
25th Sep 2013, 13:27
I appreciate that certain threads belong elsewhere and that MODS operate on a voluntary basis in there own time. However, consistency between the various MODS would no doubt also be appreciated. Sometimes a thread is moved and it is clearly indicated as such in the forum it was originally posted. Other times it is moved without any indication and one has to trawl various forums to find it because MODS themselves sometimes fail to agree where a particular thread belongs.

Halfwayback
25th Sep 2013, 14:11
If at first you can't find a thread - call it censorship! Sounds good but is factually incorrect.

When a thread is considered by a Mod to belong in another forum then it is moved and the Mod has an option as to how long to leave a 'Moved' marker. Normally it is up to 24 hours but such notices clutter up the page.

one has to trawl various forums No you don't - there is an excellent (and under used) Search facility! May I respectfully suggest that you use that? :)

HWB