View Full Version : MOR question (UK)

fireflybob
24th Sep 2013, 21:35
CAP 382 states The ANO specifies the aircraft covered by the MOR Scheme as any aircraft operated under an air operator's certificate granted by the CAA;any turbine-powered aircraft which has a certificate of airworthiness issued by the CAA.

Then further:-

In addition to the reporting criteria above, those organisations approved under EU legislation; EC 1702/2003, Part 21, or EC 2042/2003, Part M and Part 145, should report occurrences involving any aircraft or aircraft component under the scope of their Approval. EASA guidance AMC 20-8 and the relevant EU Regulation should be consulted for further information

Notwithstanding that an MOR may be filed for any occurrence, I am interested to know whether an MOR is mandatory in the case of a runway excursion (for example) with no aircraft damage or injury etc for aircraft which are not operated under an AOC and/or are not turbine powered

I have looked at the EU legislations and EASA guidance listed above but am none the wiser

Thanks for any assistance.

fireflybob
25th Sep 2013, 07:34
LookingForAJob, thanks but the point I am making is that if the a/c is not operated under an AOC or turbine powered the filing of a MOR is not mandatory.

The ANO is clear in this respect but then also lists the (infernal) EU documents and I am wondering whether these specify all aircraft?

fireflybob
25th Sep 2013, 09:16
LookingForAJob, thanks for pointing me towards Article 226