PDA

View Full Version : Anyone flown in Lanzarote?

Land After
6th May 2002, 14:17
Mrs LA has planned a quick break in the sun as compensation for my recent flying in the US. As I get to tag along and am soon bored of beaches, does anyone know of a flight school in Lanzarote where I could get a plane for an afternoon and buzz around the island for a couple of hours?

I've tried a Google search but have failed to turn up anything of interest.

VP8
6th May 2002, 20:48
I was in Lanza last year and tried to check up a dutch plane that was for rent but apparentley after a fatal crash in the Volcano area the local government banned non locals from flying around.

Although there is a flying club on the main airport I didn't really have time to follow this up.

Good Luck

Veeps
;)

PA38
8th May 2002, 11:50
Hi I was there in Aprill, there was only a couple of Cesnas on the GA apron, but there was a PA28 flying around at times. You will have to make do with the interesting 2 miles visual approach, unless you get the boring 10 mile ILS :D

Land After
12th May 2002, 19:58
BTT in case any of the weekend crowd have any more info?

TMPFICH
12th May 2002, 22:55
Land After

I have looked into this in the past as there was a possiblity that I might be living there for a while and it is NOT possible. There's a 172 and a Warrior both are privately owned and not available to hire. VP8 is sadly correct about the dutch aircraft it was originaly for hire through a diving club.
However if you are really keen and Mrs LA doesn't mind you going off island for a hole day there is a flying club in San Agustin in Gran Canaria. It is mainly a parachute center but I beilive that they do hire out warriors or something similar. This info is slightly second hand however i think it was called Real Aero Club de Gran Canaria. Real being Royal not Real if you know what I mean. Last time I looked it up through a search on Google but it was all in spannish so I struggled getting any info. You can get a Binter flight from ACE to LPA, they are very much like busses, every 30 mins and always overbooked but if you don't get on the first one you will get on the next.If you are interested I have some friends in Gran Canaria who may be able to get you some more infomation.

If not, get down to the end of the runway with a good book watch everybody else do the hard work.

Cheers

Land After
15th May 2002, 11:17
TMPFICH

Thanks for the info. I don't think a trip to another island is on the cards for an afternoons hire, so it looks like I'll be grounded for the week. Shame really, as a flight always beats any of the excursions offered in resort!