PDA

View Full Version : PPL Ground Schools

Cloudwriter
19th Sep 2013, 12:29
Hi, I'm new to this Forum. Does anyone know of a Ground School for PPL which does a block course not just by the hour, Im based in North London and need somewhere not too far out, Ive phoned around but to no avail, just wondering if anyone can throw some places I havent already tried. Ive tried Cranfield, Oxford, Elstree, and Denham. I have a Degree in Aviation along with 21 hours flight time but need to do the Ground School which I passed 3 exams in - they have now expired. Any help would be much appreciated as I am desperate to get back into my flying...?

Also, does anyone know how reputable the weeks courses are running at Heathrow? Not sure if you can get to know all of the stuff you need within a week doing all 9 exams, wouldnt you miss out on important safety stuff if its rushed?

R8BYY
21st Sep 2013, 18:48
You could try Thegreatcircle.co.uk,run schools in Harrogate and possibly Heathrow,did a few quizzes as Adam liked to call the a few years back and passed.Good luck.

Cloudwriter
23rd Sep 2013, 21:57
Thanks very much for the reply, I have already contacted The Great Circle , I was just concerned that if you did all the 9 exams in 5 days you would surely miss important saftey stuff which comes with alot of reading not just in 5 days worth. ...? Maybe Im just used to doing things the long way round !! Thanks for your help much appreciated :ok: