PDA

View Full Version : Instrument Flight instructor and Ground Instrument Instructor books??

Deputy Van Halen
16th Sep 2013, 23:32
Hello, I am a newbie here. I am currently doing the ground school for my Flight Instructor, Advanced Ground Instructor written tests. after that I will be doing my Fund of Instructing and moving on to Instrument Ground Instructor, and Flight Instructor Instrument written tests.

my question is, I havent found any books for IGI test, and FII test. Ground Instrument Instructor, and Instrument Flight Instructor. I have looked at Gleim and Jeppeson and sportys and havent found any books specifically for those FAA written tests. should I just use my Gleim book I used for my Private pilot Instrument rating?

any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks in advance!:ok:

sapperkenno
18th Sep 2013, 17:47
I havent found any books for IGI test, and FII test. Ground Instrument Instructor, and Instrument Flight Instructor.
As far as I know (being a CFI/II, AGI, IGI - did it back in 2008) the same questions are used... So the questions on the IGI will just be questions from the Instrument written. There's nothing specific to instructing, just a repeat of what you learned when you sat the Instrument... Hence some people doing the whole hog from Commercial/Instrument thru CFII just sit all the Instrument related writtens at the same time.