View Full Version : Licence Conversion in Turkey

mmrassi
13th Sep 2013, 17:13
Hi,

I've got South African CPL/IR and now flying in an airline as FO. I heard if an applicant already has 1500 hours on a Multi Crew plane he/she can apply toward JAA ATPL in Turkey by writing 14 subjects and do one ATP test in simulator of the related type. Can anyone here confirm the general idea of this plan and ive me more details to go through it.

Regards

BigGrecian
13th Sep 2013, 18:12
Turkey is not an EASA Country.

I'm not sure whether there are EASA approved schools in Turkey.

mmrassi
14th Sep 2013, 03:09
Does it mean they do not issue JAA licence?

de facto
24th Sep 2013, 02:24
Does it mean they do not issue JAA licence?

Obviously the Turkish CAA doesnt,however some schools may be accredited under easa/jar.
If you want for example a danish easa atpl ,you would need to contact the danish caa or look in their official website for a list of approved ATO in turkey.

mapaydin
24th Sep 2013, 19:06
With the transtion from JAA TO EASA Turkey has lost its mutual recognition status for the flight crew licensing. It was full JAA member before, however what I heard is the working agreement between EASA and Turkey has been amended and Turkish DGCA is waiting for EASA mutual recognition... They have the recognition for OPS, 145, 147 and M... But, nonetheless you should wait until it happens or go to UK what I did couple of years ago...