PDA

View Full Version : Revalidating within 3 months...

Duchess_Driver
3rd Sep 2013, 06:18
Hopefully another quick one....

The UIK FEH states to preserve the original expiry date of a rating it can be revalidated within three months of the original expiration date.

Can anybody point me to FCL/ORA/ARA chapter and verse on this as I can seem to find the actual EASA regulation.

MTIA

DD

nick14
3rd Sep 2013, 06:43
FCL.625.IR

An IR shall be revalidation within the 3 months immediately preceding the expiry.

FCL.740.A

(a) and (b) for MEP and SEP:

Pass a proficiency check......within the 3 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the rating.

Whopity
3rd Sep 2013, 07:35
That was another ANO error. When JAR-FCL came in, there was no 3 month requirement for revalidation by experience however; the 3 month requirement for revalidation by test was mixed up with the revalidation by experience requirement and the non existent 3 months appeared in the ANO when it was amended. As Part FCL copied the requirement from JAR-FCL I don't believe there is any such requirement for revalidation by experience, so it could be anytime in the last year. The 3 months relates to prof checks.

Duchess_Driver
3rd Sep 2013, 07:58
I found these references and although the inference and common sense (in EASA?) is that you preserve the original expiry it doesn't specifically state that.

I was kind of hoping for some clarity...silly me!

Thanks chaps