PDA

View Full Version : CFG B757 Smoke in Cabin

dupin
27th Aug 2013, 19:06
CFG flight 015, B757-300, enroute from HEGN to EDDF diverted to LDDU yesterday afternoon at 1333 UTC after pilot reported unusual odour in cabin. At 1341 UTC pilot declared EMR and landed successfully at LDDU. Emergency crew had been dispatched and evacuation had been performed on the RWY. No one had been injured.
http://dnevnik.hr/vijesti/hrvatska/izvanredno-slijetanje-aviona-u-dubrovacku-zracnu-luku---300202.html#0

halwise
27th Aug 2013, 20:33
Hurghada to Frankfurt DIV to Dubrovnik:p

ATC Watcher
28th Aug 2013, 05:38
What is stranger is that it only seems to affect German airlines, and irrespective of aircraft types.. What is the common denominator here ? VC ?

Landflap
28th Aug 2013, 08:39
Looks like a good safe op where no-one got hurt & the paintwork in tact. Don't know all the facts but I would not have expected a full blown evacuation for odour alone. Never did Odour Detection training in my entire career but smokey, oily stuff would be pretty obvious. Always thought that smoke/fire drills that referenced unknown source OR unidentifiable smell placed one into a no option scenario. Next line on most check-lists, after donning smokemasks/oxygen on, est comms was a quick appraisal & then Land at nearest suitable alternate. The fear of course is that the smell could turn nasty & toxic. If you can put your hand on your heart & make a determination or educated guess as to identifying source and/or smell, continue with a good situational awareness. These guys did a good safe job & I would be very happy to sit behind them sipping my fowl smelling cocktail.

Dream Buster
28th Aug 2013, 21:01
For anyone who has been exposed to toxic oil fumes in a confined space and become seriously ill:

http://www.gcaqe.org/documents/FAAmedicalprotocol.pdf

Lon More
29th Aug 2013, 06:56
What is stranger is that it only seems to affect German airlines, and irrespective of aircraft types

No conspiracy.:=

DAL267 A330, EHAM - KBOS rturned yesterday with smoke in the cockpit.
Is this the same aircraft that had flap problems earlier this month and made a flapless landing there?