PDA

View Full Version : Help EASA changes 1st September

clinique_happy
26th Aug 2013, 16:53
I have been trying to find out what the changes mean for me can anyone help

I'm a ppl student, i have completed air law, met, nav, human factors exams

Will I have to do loads more under the new rules?

Any advice / links appreciated

Old skool Alex
26th Aug 2013, 19:41
The flight instructors I've spoken to say you can carry on with the old exam system from the 1st September as long as you have passed Nav, aircraft general, and flight performance&planning.This is what I was told about 2 weeks ago but like all this EASA s**t it might of changed in those 2 weeks.
I am in a similar situation as I need to pass my Nav exam before the 1st!!

clinique_happy
26th Aug 2013, 20:00
I have passed nav so looks like iv got to pass flight performance by Sunday, doubt it will happen, will give the flight school a call in the morning

madlandrover
26th Aug 2013, 20:09
Information Notice 2013/061 (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5510) refers - if in doubt always go to a source document for reference, this will serve you well in your flying future :)

clinique_happy
26th Aug 2013, 20:43
Most helpful thanks, however finding things on th caa website isn't simple

madlandrover
26th Aug 2013, 20:45
Indeed not, while there's a lot there the layout doesn't particularly help. It would be worth getting your FI to take you through the information available on there, especially how to find & use relevant Standards Documents and Information Notices, since they should be well aware on how to use them themselves. Hopefully.

AucT
26th Aug 2013, 20:50
You can do the rest of the "old" in one or two days! My advise is to buy PPL Questions and Answers by Pooleys and do read each question and explanation properly. After this just do all the test in that section again without looking at answers. Do the mock exam with your flight school and you should be ready!

You have completed the hard ones (Air Law, Navigation, Met) already, the rest are easy :) You can make it by 1st Sept!