PDA

View Full Version : Flying Club West Sussex

Plainchox
21st Aug 2013, 16:28
We've just started a new Club at Goodwood with a completely refurb'd PA-38 Tomahawk - there's quite a few members already, but we'd like some more! We're going to advertise more broadly and so was wondering what publications PPrune forum members might recommend? (Tried AFORs, but loads of views - only one enquiry). What mags do PPrune members read mostly?

foxmoth
22nd Aug 2013, 06:37
Is this Richard? Long time no see!
Looked at this myself, trouble is I want something more interesting than a Pa38, though I WOULD think there are a few at Goodwood that might like something cheaper than currently available there. As for the mags, the obvious ones are Pilot and Flyer - but those trying to economise probably do not read them that much. Getting it onto the Internet as much as possible is probably your best bet - see if the mods will allow you a link on here and maybe get it on the Flyer ads (or did I see it there?). Adds on the board at Popham and Shoreham might be an idea as well.
Edited to say, a Google search does not bring you up using things like "Goodwood flying", "Goodwood aircraft for hire" or "Goodwood Pa38", maybe improving that would help. "Goodwood Tomahawk" brings it up with the UKGA link Ok, but the AFORS link seems to have had the ad removed.

Plainchox
22nd Aug 2013, 14:00
Ha! Yes it is! (How did you guess?!!). Thanks for the advice, yes, indeed Pilot magazine etc., are very expensive to advertise in, and we weren't sure whether it's worth it. The aircraft is indeed suitable really for those wanting to bumble about on a nice day, without too much worry, and our typical member so far is a PPL holder who likes to do just that and/or keep up their licence affordably. We must definitely try to improve the search facility - we've done some registrations for that but clearly not enough. Thanks v much for trying it out - your experience with it is going to be the same as others, so we'll have to really address that. (It's under Sportair, but I guess not everyone would know that!) Anyway, hope all's well with you, however you are!!!

Saab Dastard
22nd Aug 2013, 14:08
Contact PPRuNe via the "Advertise" link at the top of every page - reach your target audience directly!

SD

foxmoth
22nd Aug 2013, 19:05
Look at the time of Steff Bartkowiak and Kevin Magee, think who else was around (did not get BA) and you might get it - if not I will PM you. N.B. still flying out of Goodwood on the Mithril Tiger and for UH.

Plainchox
22nd Aug 2013, 20:22
Yes, thanks, I think we will consider doing this.

Plainchox
22nd Aug 2013, 20:24
.......hooligan?!

foxmoth
23rd Aug 2013, 08:44
You got it.

Plainchox
26th Aug 2013, 09:51
Hello foxmoth! It's Mrs Richard here... he's in SIN atm, but I know he'll have been pleased to have guessed you correctly! Haha!

foxmoth
26th Aug 2013, 20:24
Yes, must meet up some time

Plainchox
2nd Sep 2013, 17:38
Not sure if you can give numbers here?? Working flat out at moment - PM us?

foxmoth
2nd Sep 2013, 18:29
PM sent:ok: