PDA

View Full Version : Passing ETA

fireflybob
21st Aug 2013, 07:48
Whilst on London FIS recently I heard several different a/c being asked for their ETA for XXXX. They all replied in XX minutes with one saying "at 4 PM local time"! (to which the controller replied "Be Advised time now is YYYY UTC" (subtle hint?).

Generally the standard of RT on the frequency was quite reasonable but it would seem the passing of ETAs is not, in certain cases, correctly taught these days.

Whopity
21st Aug 2013, 08:08
Clearly it is no longer important, the CAA do not ask questions on this subject any more! If you have level 6 ELP they presume you must know how to pass the time of day!

Pull what
21st Aug 2013, 08:34
the CAA do not ask questions on this subject any more

I have a communications exam paper in front of me I can assure you that they do ask such questions as well as it being part of the practical RT exam and skill test. This point is also well covered in CAP 413. The onus is on flying instructors to teach correct RT and it might help if many revisited CAP 413 themselves

Duchess_Driver
22nd Aug 2013, 07:42
The onus is on flying instructors to teach correct RT and it might help if many revisited CAP 413 themselves

Duchess_Driver With You.....:rolleyes:

Roger That..;)

Whopity
23rd Aug 2013, 06:20
I have a communications exam paper in front of me I can assure you that they do ask such questions Now try reading the new ones!