PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant service from BA

mikethehaven
14th Aug 2013, 16:37
Nice to be able pay BA a huge complement for great service.

My wife and I travel LGW-TPA 3 or 4 times a year as we have a holiday home in Florida. We always travel Club World (lucky us) and this time we were using our Avios points. I sat down on the Sunday evening at 18:15 to check in online for the 18:15 flight home on Monday and nearly fainted when I saw the flight was 18:15 Sunday. I'd just dropped a huge clanger, it was in my diary for Sunday, I just had a senior moment and didn't register it. So, I rang US Ticketing and the guy said, "Well, if you miss departure the ticket's void, but let me see what I can do." After about 5 minutes he came back, "Sorry to keep you holding, I'm working on it." 5 minutes later, "You're all set for tomorrow, sir, no charge." They even carried over our favourite seat reservations, whereas they could have thrown the book at us. Maybe the fact we're both Silver card holders and shareholders helped, but anyway, thank you BA.:D

Ancient Observer
15th Aug 2013, 16:27
Nice to hear such a good news story.

Were you lucky that it was from the US, rather than UK?

When I lived in Belgium, the BA customer service was brilliant.............they knew that we had a choice!

Mind, there wasn't that much competition - having an ex-BA pilot running RumpSabena was probably a BA plot.

Heathrow Harry
16th Aug 2013, 15:10
like every other aspect of BA - it's highly variable and you never know what you're going to get

better than some airlines (NW comes to mind) where you knew you were in for a horror show but there's lots of room for improvement

Saintsman
22nd Aug 2013, 19:25
I get e-mails and texts from BA reminding me about my flight and when the check-in opens. If I got the day wrong after that, I would be very impressed if they re-booked me FOC.

Good for them though.

FANS
23rd Aug 2013, 13:29
As a shareholder, I doubt that would have affected things but it's good to see BA get some good press as people often look for reasons to complain against them.

ExXB
24th Aug 2013, 22:01
I don't need to look for reasons to complain about them. They have very kindly given me many reasons for this purpose.

When things go well, they can be good. But when things go pear-shaped you will be disappointed. I hung on only because I had status, until I realised that to them my status meant nothing.

BA? - Caveat Emptor

Pinkman
29th Aug 2013, 05:13
It happened to me once flying back from Bahrain... fell in to the 00:10 trap with the electronic calendar telling me it was that day instead of the day before..

Pitched up for the flight and..oh dear....oh...you are a BA Gold member... just make a quick call to ops sir... sorted... Brilliant.

I had been on the receiving end of some pretty poor BA experiences but I kind of forgave them a lot for that...