PDA

View Full Version : Cranfield University Human Factors & Safety Assessment in Aeronautics HFSAA MSc

g.ginelli
8th Aug 2013, 10:05
To anyone thinking about undertaking this MSc course I would strongly recommend you consider an alternative institution. I recently completed this course and found the quality of teaching and thesis supervision to be appalling, offering extremely poor value for money.

Feel free to PM mefor further details.

LookingForAJob
26th Aug 2013, 11:38
Sad to hear you say that. Although I have had relatively little involvement with Cranfield Uni, I have heard consistently good reports of the aviation management and HF courses. Similarly, graduates of those courses with whom I have worked have almost always been solid, reliable and knowledgeable colleagues.

You may have been disappointed by your experience but I would advocate comparing your experience with with those who have studied at other institutions before making sweeping statements of this kind. I recall having some similar feelings when I started a Masters course but one has to remember that the nature of post-graduate study is often less supervised because you are becoming more expert both in the subject matter and study/research as well as being, most likely, more mature.

I offer these comments as both a past student and 'guest' tutor on Masters courses (but not at Cranfield Uni).