PDA

View Full Version : Airasia India Delay

raaj2013
4th Aug 2013, 14:15
Can anyone confirm if the PIL filed by Swami has led to the delay in the start of A.A India operations
, any information when the airline will start and when the next batch of pilots will be called for training???

captjns
5th Aug 2013, 09:04
With the speed, efficiency, dedication, honesty, and sincerity of both the DGCA, and Government, I can aver with assurance that operations will commence on the 30th or 31st of February, 2014:}

squarecrow
5th Aug 2013, 13:37
Really that soon,

Sky Dancer
6th Aug 2013, 04:44
Trust me Old Boy Tony along with Home Boy Mittu are going to find things tough in India. :cool::ok:

raaj2013
6th Aug 2013, 17:47
Airasia gets security clearance!!!!
CHEERS

Any guesses when it will get NOC and Aop???

cyrilroy21
7th Aug 2013, 18:48
I read on face...book that since they got the security clearance they received the NOC as well and has now applied for the AOP from the DGCA...

ironbutt57
8th Aug 2013, 07:17
While tooting their horn about allowing foreign investment, they seem to jerk around everyone that applies....typical bumbling idiots....

captjns
8th Aug 2013, 13:45
Ironbutt57 says While tooting their horn about allowing foreign investment, they seem to jerk around everyone that applies....typical bumbling idiots....

One must remember that in the eyes of the Indian Gvernment and DGCA everyone is equal... it's just that there are some that are more equal than other$$$$$.:mad:

Tis pity tis true:{.

raaj2013
15th Aug 2013, 07:17
Chairman?s clearance issue may delay AirAsia India launch - Livemint (http://www.livemint.com/Companies/zYiFlvxIobwNK6kmKJl1iP/Chairmans-clearance-issue-may-delay-AirAsia-India-launch.html)

raaj2013
16th Aug 2013, 12:19
SC asks Swamy to move Delhi HC on plea against AirAsia - The Hindu (http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/sc-asks-swamy-to-move-delhi-hc-on-plea-against-airasia/article5028982.ece)

blackbirdsr72
18th Aug 2013, 07:20
@cyril
Air asia India has not received the Noc yet. Ramadurais security clearance is still under process by MHA.

Regards
Blackbird sr72

rdr
18th Aug 2013, 08:18
this is a non-starter from the beginning. its surprising that Tony simply does not understand the Indian mind set and culture.

why would anyone in India, politician or civil servant, want the country to do well and keep its people happy ?? no Indian can stand to see another succeed.

unless of course, he has some dessert to offer. then too, he will eventually be taken to the cleaners.

captjns
18th Aug 2013, 11:34
@cyril claims....

Air asia India has not received the Noc yet. Ramadurais security clearance is still under process by MHA

Not enough grease in the slimey hands of the dedicated civil servants elected and or appointed to best serve their constituency?:{

India Charlie
18th Aug 2013, 11:38
With the :mad: state of Indian aviation, this is a ooh la la time to enter the Indian market :D

kwaiyai
18th Aug 2013, 13:52
Sad but probably true. TF yet again tries to walk on water blinded by his team
of Arrogance.

chai ja
18th Aug 2013, 15:18
I know someone who claims to know TF as a very close friend, however after being booted out of umpteen airlines still is very unfortunate to not be able to get into any of the AA seats. :{:p:mad: he he he.

Sky Dancer
20th Aug 2013, 05:15
Air Asia will get the NOC and eventually get off the ground. But by then the INR would have stabilised at a very unfavourable rate , there will be a possible currency crisis and the economy will also be in a very dangerous state as well. When you combine that along with the management personnel of Air Asia, where not a single one of them is from an airline background, it's a recipe for disaster. Make no mistake the airline will be run by Tony , Mittu and his team are front men and women who will pose as young , ambitious go getters. They really won't have a hand and a clue in running the show and pretty soon will leave or get the boot when they fail to deliver. For with his present business plan they really will not last long in India. They won't be able to compete with the Indigo / Spice Jet combine. TF has been successful in Malaysia and that too with Air Asia. All the other franchises are starting to fall apart beginning with Air Asia Japan. Mark my words ..:ok:

captjns
20th Aug 2013, 05:54
Air Asia India may fail... but it will be do to contributory negligence. I can avid that the majority of the negligence will be borne the Indian government :{

Sky Dancer
20th Aug 2013, 08:49
It will not be the government but pure economics. Tony will try to influence government policy like he did in Malaysia , but he will find the going difficult. And pretty soon , they will exit India. Right now the entire management team at Air Asia are like parrots talking about the lowest fares and changing the way etc , pretty soon they will realize that they can't do it.:ok:

blackbirdsr72
20th Aug 2013, 08:53
The airline has named Vijay Gopalan, who was previously financial controller of Compass Group and an auditor with Ernst & Young, as chief financial officer; former GoAir executive Nadeem Badri Khan as head of IT; and Gajapthy Sampath as head of engineering:D

India Charlie
20th Aug 2013, 10:10
It will not be the government but pure economics. Tony will try to influence government policy like he did in Malaysia , but he will find the going difficult. And pretty soon , they will exit India.

When the going was good the GoI and MoCA ruined it for domestic carriers. How they virtually r:mad:d the aviation sector esp. in the last 5 years. Can't understand how anybody in their right senses would want to start operatios in India at this time. Or perhaps it's about special favours to foreign carriers :suspect: to kill their own brethren and flag bearer :mad:

Right now the entire management team at Air Asia are like parrots talking about the lowest fares and changing the way etc , pretty soon they will realize that they can't do it.

"Low fares" :}

rdr
20th Aug 2013, 12:48
this will go through in the end. its too big and hot not to. but then, at the right time, the dogs will move in and rip it to shreds.

the only way for the country to move one inch forward, is to get rid of the one block in the way, for any sector.........get rid of the monarchy. period.

India Charlie
20th Aug 2013, 13:46
rdr, I second every word of yours.

kwaiyai
21st Aug 2013, 03:43
Chai ja thats not the guy who was scamming at Lion I hope, Anyway TF will smell that guy a mile off I would hope.
Sorry to sidetrack the thread BTW.

chai ja
21st Aug 2013, 03:59
Born a scammer, and manipulates the innocence some Asians hold unfortunately

kwaiyai
21st Aug 2013, 07:55
Well I reckon he must be running out of doors to bang on. Let nature take its course.

raaj2013
31st Aug 2013, 09:26
Tony Fernandes' AirAsia India NOC caught in S Ramadorai's status (http://www.financialexpress.com/news/airasia-india-noc-caught-in-ramadorais-status/1162146)

blackbirdsr72
6th Sep 2013, 10:00
Ramadurai got his security clearance. All set for the NOC now.

raaj2013
8th Sep 2013, 19:48
AirAsia India set to miss its December take-off deadline
Low-cost carrier AirAsia might have to defer the launch of its domestic operations to early 2014, as the process to procure an operating permit would take three months.

Earlier, there was no such timeframe for completion of the process. But the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) last month issued an air operator certification manual, which stipulates that an application for permit must be filed at least 90 days before the date of intended launch of operations. Separately, the regulator has also listed out the tasks to be completed within the 90-day period. These include document evaluation and inspection and five review meetings with an applicant.

According to sources, the procedures have been documented and the timeframe laid down following audit observations of the US Federal Aviation Administration.

These new stipulations are set to affect the plans of AirAsia, which was targeting a December launch. The airline has yet to apply for an operating permit and it can do so only after securing a no-objection certificate from the civil aviation ministry.

Also, the 90-day period is only an indicative time limit and the actual process can take even longer if formalities have not been completed.

AirAsia would have ideally liked to start its services in December to gain from the peak-season travel demand in November and December, when strong passenger loads allow airlines to charge higher fares. But it can file a schedule to launch its services only after receiving the permit. Demand, as well as fares, tend to drop in the months of February and March.

An AirAsia spokesperson said: “The launch date fully depends on when we get permissions from the government.”

Director General of Civil Aviation Arun Mishra said: “AirAsia’s CEO Mittu Chandilya met me two days back to discuss the airline’s plans. Their team is working on the documentation. We have not received a formal application for a permit. Once the NOC has been received, they will start working with our team. The permit can be issued in a month if all requirements are in place.”

The airline did not respond to queries related to its marketing and strategy. However, Chandilya had told Business Standard in an earlier interaction: “On-time and service will be hygiene factors. Passengers should expect more than what they are used to at present. Pricing and connectivity will be key differentiators. We want to bring fares down by 25-30%.” The airline is targeting first-time flyers and, according to a media report, its Chief Commercial Officer Amisha Sethi has been visiting railway stations and bus stands to understand passenger behaviour.

Aviation industry experts say the airline needs to do more than offering low fares if it has to compete with the likes of IndiGo and SpiceJet.

AirAsia has said it will focus on South India and not fly on the Mumbai-Delhi route. But critics say there aren’t many untapped routes from Chennai. At present, Madurai has no air connectivity with Bangalore but nine daily flights to Chennai.

“Kozhikode and Mangalore are underserved from Chennai but there is not enough demand on these routes. There are cities in Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh that have a seasonal demand from Chennai. Again, there is a difference between AirAsia and AirDeccan. When Deccan started operations, it was the only one offering cheap fares. But this low-fares strategy is being used by everyone now,” said an executive of a rival private airline.

“There has to be a reason why I as an IndiGo customer would want to travel on AirAsia. Perhaps, I will fly for the experience or to see a nice aircraft. But I will need something more tangible to hook me. That could be add-on frills in a package, pricing or loyalty programme,” said Gaurav Sundaram, country head, Egencia, the business travel arm of Expedia. Sundaram draws a parallel with retailers who keep prices low but attract customers with loyalty programmes and credit card & cash-back offers.

“Tony Fernandes (AirAsia group CEO) must have mapped out a strategy. I feel the airline is going to come up with something that changes the paradigm and makes people feel they want to fly AirAsia for the experience of it — irrespective of whether it is cheaper by Rs 100 or Rs 500,” Sundaram added.

rdr
9th Sep 2013, 02:25
great strategy. how much does Arun Mishra and his gang want in the first place. ?? the DGCA is a filthy corrupted joke, and, its an extension of the palm of every Congress politician.
this will go through in the end as it is too visible. its a matter of time before it is closed due to some stupid reason or another, or the suitcases have to be filled as usual.

Sky Dancer
9th Sep 2013, 07:16
Rdr I am no congress supporter but I don't think any new party would make a difference to the system. I think all the aviators who have been around long enough know how things were tweaked in the 1990s to favour a particular airline. The point is the Indian system is tough and if you want to function in that environment you will need a seasoned team running the show. Air Asia just don't have that and that will cause them a lot of problems. I won't be surprised if they have a limited life in India.:ok::E

fatbus
9th Sep 2013, 08:05
Wasn't the DGCA to be disbanded and a CAA formed with all new people and no involvement of the government

blackbirdsr72
9th Sep 2013, 09:52
Wasn't the DGCA to be disbanded and a CAA formed with all new people and no
involvement of the government

Nowhere in the world that is possible......... (especially when you have a national carrier)

cyrilroy21
9th Sep 2013, 14:20
Trouble for AirAsia: Swamy files PIL in Delhi HC, challenges clearance - Firstpost (http://www.firstpost.com/business/trouble-for-airasia-swamy-files-pil-in-delhi-hc-challenges-clearance-1095907.html)

Sky Dancer
19th Sep 2013, 06:13
Mr.Swamy is a brilliant guy. He should also go to court with the following questions if he really wants to make a change :

1) Why were Air India and Indian Airlines merged ?

2) Why was there no enquiry into the massive orders for aircraft placed by the national carrier when it has literally brought the airline to bankruptcy ?

3) How was the massive bilateral rights to Abu Dhabi cleared just prior to the Jet Etihad deal ?

4) Why was this permitted knowing that the national airline will be flown out of business by such a move ? Weren't national interests looked into ?

:ok:

cyrilroy21
20th Sep 2013, 13:39
According to news sources Arun Bhatia of Telestra Tradeplace ( the 3rd shareholder in Air Asia India ) in is not very happy about not being kept in the loop of Tata Sons JV with SIA

He has reportedly offered to buy out the remaining stake of Air Asia India that is owned by TATA

raaj2013
20th Sep 2013, 20:40
Fasten your seat belts, AirAsia India gets ministry nod - Hindustan Times (http://www.hindustantimes.com/business-news/SectorsAviation/Fasten-your-seat-belts-AirAsia-India-gets-ministry-nod/Article1-1125014.aspx)

raaj2013
29th Sep 2013, 21:25
Tatas have been superbly transparent: Tony Fernandes, Air Asia - The Economic Times on Mobile (http://m.economictimes.com/opinion/interviews/tatas-have-been-superbly-transparent-tony-fernandes-air-asia/articleshow/23274370.cms)

Sky Dancer
9th Nov 2013, 03:54
I say any update on the Air Asia India delay : We have crossed the September start date , we have crossed the Diwali start date ( Nov ) and we will soon cross the end of the year start date ( Dec ) and before you know it we will be in March , end of the financial year start date. I guess wonderkid Mittu is finding it tough after all. Well don't say I didn't warn you folks , and in about 2 years from now , you will hear about the dream team breaking apart and Old Tony blaming everyone else about why they are doing badly....last saw homeboy Mittu doing a photo shoot on the Chennai airport apron...since they didn't have an office yet to take a photo shoot.:E:ok::\