PDA

View Full Version : Manchester (EGCC) Engineering Facilities

Scottie Dog
2nd May 2002, 20:04
I was given to understand that FLS were closing their heavy maintanence at Manchester, but have now heard that Fedex will still be putting A300(?) through for sometime yet.

Anybody know the facts - hope it is true and that some jobs will be retained.

Also any news on what is to become of the BA facility - did it find a new owner (or user)?

Thanks in advance.

Scottie Dog

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Silkman
5th May 2002, 07:21
Scottie

Rumours have been rife recently that MAEL were taking one or the other of the hangars. Last I heard was that all the Airtours heavy maintenance was being done in DUB but the FLS hangar looked busy enough yesterday. The BA hangar is now empty.:(

woderick
8th May 2002, 22:10
The future of the BA Hangar is unknown
for FLS the following appears to be happening.
One end of the Hangar will be doing C checks for FedEx on their A310s for the summer and during the winter will be doing C checks on the My Travel A320 fleet. The remainder of the MYT fleet will have their winter checks at other facilities DUB, STN, or CPH.
The other half of the hangar will be doing A checks on the MYT fleet and casualty work as required. A proportion of the staff are allocated to 24/7 casualty/rescue/line support as required. The line engineering operation will continue with increased staff levels.
I Hope this offeers some enlightenment remember the situation changes daily.