View Full Version : Weight & Balance problem

tomnofagam
27th Jul 2013, 14:25
cessna 152 standart fuel tanks.

empty plane: 1080 lbs
pilot: 160 lbs.
fuel upon takeoff: 120 lbs.
baggage area 1: 1 package of60 lbs.

you need to transfer maximum amount to packages of 10 lbs. each to baggage area 2. amount of fuel upon landing is 30 lbs.

what will be the airplane weight and CG upon landing without exeeding CG limits

dubbleyew eight
27th Jul 2013, 15:01
usually in multi choice questions it is either answer B or answer C.

I'd pick answer C.

RTN11
28th Jul 2013, 23:57
You hang the 10lb packages from a rope, tie it to the tail, and log it as tug practice. The CoG on landing is 7, and the limit is exceeded by 0.3.

Milt
29th Jul 2013, 02:55
Can someone post the current Pax Average Weight used by airlines for W & B calculations. This weight presumably includes checked luggage and carry on.

Was somewhat concerned recently when I was amongst a crowd of paxs boarding an A330. Rows 15 to the rear were asked to board by the rear steps, whilst a wheel chair occupant was being loaded up front. I did expect the fuselage to rotate about the main wheels. Would like to know how close was the upset. The crew did not seem to be concerned.

john_tullamarine
29th Jul 2013, 04:19
tomnofagam,

An easy question but we need some more information. Serial number and empty CG for starters.

Milt,

You've not been about all that much in recent times. Hopefully things are well with you ?

Standard weight either will be from a locally derived statistical sampling exercise or, for Oz, CAAP 235-1(1) (http://www.casa.gov.au/wcmswr/_assets/main/download/caaps/ops/235_1.pdf).

The loading strategy probably was driven by consideration of congestion up front were all to enter via the front door. Normal protocol requires a check of the empty CG to keep the varying number forward of the critical FS for tipping plus a pad for mum and the kids.

foxmoth
29th Jul 2013, 06:39
I did expect the fuselage to rotate about the main wheels.

Not really a problem on the 330 - 321 and B757 need a bit more consideration. Standard weights vary depending on if scheduled or not.