PDA

View Full Version : iPad Kneeboard

Pilot94
27th Jul 2013, 11:55
Hi everyone, I recently bought the iPad 4 with Skydemon. Every flight store says that their kneeboard will fit the iPad 2, or iPads 2 and 3. I was wondering if there is a size difference? I can't find a kneeboard for iPad 4 but if I would get the iPad 3 Knebeoard would it fit the same? Thanks.

Kneeboard could help, don't like flying like this:
http://imageshack.us/a/img545/7468/xg0u.jpg

HWEST
27th Jul 2013, 19:20
Sportys do a great 'iPad Pilot' website.

However I think there are iPad kneeboards for iPad 1 and 2 jointly. They're AvPad, iPro Aviator, etc.

There are only a couple of iPad kneeboards for the iPad mini which I assume you are talking about. Look at Design 4 Pilots iPad Mini and also iPro Aviator (Mini). Finally there is a Flightgear one by Sportys which is also available in the UK if you prefer a 'material'-cast kneeboard rather than metal.

Pilot.Lyons
27th Jul 2013, 20:00
I bought a gel back case for mine off ebay for£3.99 free delivery.
Then i took the elastic strap from my ipad2 kneeboard and thread it under the new case!
Perfect and i didn't pay £60-£70 for it!

Pilot94
27th Jul 2013, 22:42
I'm on about iPad 4 not mini. There is (iPad, iPad2, iPad3, iPad4, Mini)

Yeah I mean it's good to make your own but I really like the one I saw for iPad3, its like a book, and when you close it you have a clip board on top. But my iPad 4 doesn't fit in to it, I guess its just that they haven't made a Kneeboard for the iPad 4 yet?

ninja-lewis
28th Jul 2013, 01:27
Isn't the iPad 4 an iPad 3 case with updated internals? There shouldn't be any issues with iPad 3/4 compatibility (other than the different connector) or even iPad 2 really (as iPad 3/4 are only 0.6mm thicker).

thing
28th Jul 2013, 06:24
My iPad 3 is attached to my leg with a belt off my walking trousers, the nylon ones with the clip fastener.
Just thread it through your existing iPad case. I don't bother with a separate knee board any more, just use the scratchpad on Skydemon. The nice thing about using a belt is you can mount it in either portrait or landscape. I find landscape gives the best clearance for controls.

Pilot.Lyons
28th Jul 2013, 12:30
I'm on about iPad 4 not mini. There is (iPad, iPad2, iPad3, iPad4, Mini)

Yeah I mean it's good to make your own but I really like the one I saw for iPad3, its like a book, and when you close it you have a clip board on top. But my iPad 4 doesn't fit in to it, I guess its just that they haven't made a Kneeboard for the iPad 4 yet?

To be honest i sold my ipad mini and went back to the ipad 2 with the case with the clipboard i found with the mini i missed the note bit so strapped my other kneeboard to my other leg. Im not feather weight so in a c152 there is not a lot of room! Ipad mini actually made less room for me so i wentback to ipad2