PDA

View Full Version : WINGS PROGRAM

MarcoB.
26th Jul 2013, 03:47
Hello everyone. I just got my MEI certificate and I was wondering if that counts towards the master phase of the wings program. I am confused because the description seems contradictory and I was looking for someone who has done this before.
This is what it says on faasafety.gov:

"Satisfactory completion of a Practical Test for the initial issuance, renewal, or re-instatement of a Flight Instructor Certificate meets all the requirements for the Master Level of the WINGS - Pilot Proficiency Program, the Advanced Level of WINGS, and the Basic Level, if, and this is a big "if", the applicant demonstrates takeoffs and landings during the Practical Test as sole manipulator of the controls. Note that a CFI Renewal based on other than a Practical Test does not qualify.

Also note that this activity is for the initial issuance of a certificate only; the addition of a rating to an already issued certificate does not qualify."

What confuses me is the last paragraph that seems to contradict the first one that says "for the initial issuance, renewal, or re-instatement of a Flight Instructor Certificate" . This is not my initial issuance. I was already a CFI.
Thank you!