PDA

View Full Version : MP-IR single pilot under EASA?

tmmorris
25th Jul 2013, 14:36
Does Part-FCL or the CAA allow the holder of an EASA multi pilot IR to use it for single pilot IFR outside CAS?

Tim

ifitaintboeing
25th Jul 2013, 16:26
No. You will either need an IRR or a IR-SPA. See Standards Doc 14 for cross-crediting.

ifitaint...

A and C
25th Jul 2013, 17:09
The result of this is that I have to do two IR renewals a year !

tmmorris
25th Jul 2013, 19:43
Thanks. I'm only slightly the wiser having read standards doc 14. I need to find out if the person I'm asking for has an expired IR-SPA or has only ever held -MPA.

If the former it seems to me he can revalidate the IR-SPA by training and test at an ATO, then maintain currency by a combination of cross credit on his annual LPC (IR portion of) and three approaches self-certified per year.

If the latter, I'm not clear if there is a way for him to obtain an IR(R)(-SPA, of course) based on his ATPL?

Tim

(PS A and C - can't you do the same?)

ifitaintboeing
25th Jul 2013, 20:18
I have to do two IRs each year also, one MPA and one SPA, which has helped me to understand the problems!

To answer your question, if its the latter case then (never held SPA IR) your applicant will need to do training as required then an initial SPA IR Skill Test with an IRE if they want a IR-SPA.

If its the former (current MPA IR and expired SPA IR) your applicant will need to do training as required (maybe nothing) then a IR Proficiency Check with a CRE/IRR. NEXT TIME they come to revalidate they can use cross-crediting.

If he wants an IMC Rating (annotated IRR on EASA licences) then he can contact the CAA for a reduced course requirement (probably as required) and then complete the IMC test with a FE.

ifitaint...

Vaughan Tarrier
25th Jul 2013, 21:47
The result of this is that I have to do two IR renewals a year !

Count yourself lucky. Several of us are doing three or four.