View Full Version : UNHAS flights in CAR

steelbranch
25th Jul 2013, 07:20
Does anybody have any information on the operation of UNHAS flights in Central African Republic? Interested to know size of fleet and type of aircraft, from whom aircraft are chartered, etc. Thanks.

booze
25th Jul 2013, 14:13
Hiya,

Should be still Air-Tec from SA, flying ZS-reg L410s. Good bunch, used to work for them.

cheers,

booze

steelbranch
26th Jul 2013, 07:28
Hi booze,

Thanks for the info on CAR. I'm heading there soon to work with an NGO. Did you also work in CAR, or with the same outfit in another country?

Once I am done with this NGO contract, I plan to finish my CPL full time. What are the prospects for a low-hour pilot to get work with a charter company operating aid flights? Or are you looking at min 1500 hrs?

Thanks for any info.

booze
26th Jul 2013, 08:01
Hiya,

Indeed, i used to work for them in CAR also.

Bangui is not a bad town except when a coup is in place...some good restaurants, cafes and you can buy pretty much anything in the shops.

The only problem is electricity and water sometimes. As well as the local police and army can be a bit demanding, especially on friday and saturday nights...

Enjoy!

On the job aspects, if you are L410 rated with some hours, you have a pretty much straight and paved road into Air-Tec.

Cheers,

booze

steelbranch
26th Jul 2013, 08:54
Hi booze,

Thanks for the reply, very helpful on all fronts! Nice to hear some (relatively) positive comments on Bangui.

Cheers,

SB