PDA

View Full Version : JAR>EASA conversion with IMCR - quick question

tmmorris
15th Jul 2013, 19:40
I have my IMCR renewal test tomorrow. This will also leave me qualified to revalidate my SEP rating by experience, so I shall ask the examiner to sign this off at the same time.

My plan is to send the form SRG1119E (notification of revalidation) to the CAA, wait a week or two, then submit SRG1104 to convert the whole thing to a Part-FCL license, taking a photocopy first so I have proof that everything was in date at the time of application.

Will this work?
Is the SRG1119E actually required? it says it's for Part-FCL
Is this the best solution or should I do it all in one go?
Where on SRG1104 do I put my IMCR - section 5 or section 7?

Thanks,

Tim

Whopity
15th Jul 2013, 20:18
Why wait? send them in together. The SRG 11119E is required as your JAA licence became a Part FCL licence in Sept 2012. If you still have a National licence then it is less clear as there is no documented process for revalidating such a licence. Post 2000 they were all revalidated in accordance with JAR-FCL but that requirement no longer exists.

The IMC rating goes in Section 5 of the SRG 1104. You will need to get a Head of Training from a ATO or RF to sign a certified copy of the revalidation page.

thing
16th Jul 2013, 16:47
Got mine back a couple of weeks ago, had a bit of a fright at the restrictions 'night' column when it said 'none'. Took me a while to figure out it meant no restrictions for night flying...:}