PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy a light aircraft in UK

PPLvirgin
3rd Jul 2013, 20:33
Hi all,

wondered if anyone could post some links of easy websites etc... that can offer light aircraft for sale.
Ideally looking for any light aircraft, relativley basic but also could be used as a aerobatic aircraft also, so in essence a dual purpose aircraft.
roughly cost for maybe 15-40k Sterling.

Any advice would be great, thanks all

Tris

sharpend
3rd Jul 2013, 21:10
Buy a share in a Bulldog. You will not regret it

PPLvirgin
3rd Jul 2013, 21:16
Do you know any websites that can help in this? Whats rough spend do you think?

Chilli Monster
3rd Jul 2013, 21:17
Typing "Aircraft for sale UK" into Google would probably give you what you want.

Alternatively - you want a dual purpose aircraft - sometimes doing some footwork gets better results. There's a guy at Nottingham who has a Firefly. Look him up, see if he wants to sell a share. You don't know unless you ask. Club notice boards also give more options.

2high2fastagain
3rd Jul 2013, 21:38
There are plenty of places to look. When I was trying to buy my aircraft, I used the following websites (I can't recall the URLs, but if you put those terms into google, you should find them). I hope these get you started. I'm sure there'll be more suggestions along in a minute. You can also check out Flyer and Pilot Magazine and you'll probably find a copy of GA buyer lurking around your nearest flying club.

Avbuyer
aeroclassifieds
ukga aircraft classifieds
pilotweb classifieds (from Pilot magazine)
justplanetrading
gtaviation
global plane search (but remember to put in 'UK' in the search fields unless you are prepared to travel)

My strong advice is to get a trusted licensed engineer to complete a full survey before you buy. The comment previously made to do some footwork and perhaps talk to other people at the club is also sound advice.

Good luck.

PPLvirgin
3rd Jul 2013, 21:46
Awesome, thanks a lot for the advice given.

Ta

foxmoth
4th Jul 2013, 12:18
Another couple for you - AFORS and FLYER websites