PDA

View Full Version : New EASA rules

737 Elpiloto
3rd Jul 2013, 13:27
Does anybody have any idea what will change, opperational wise, with the new EASA rules?

There are a lot off stories going around but none can be confirmed?
Is it true that, with the new rules, the director of operations has to have an ATPL now?

And does it acctualy change anything for us, the pilots?

I have been searching for answers but found none... And it looks like nobody really knows anything for sure...

Miles Magister
3rd Jul 2013, 13:36
I think the director of operations has had to have and ATPL as far back as JAR and possibly before, but I do not have the references to hand.

The authorities and your management should have a good idea by now on what is changing. They just need to read the Part Ops Docs, painful but necessary. As far as line pilots are concerned you should not notice much difference.

Edited to add:

As I am a sad old timer with nothing better to do than read back copies of JAR OPs. ACJ OPS 1.175 (i) states that:

3. Flight Operations. The nominated postholder or his deputy should hold a valid Flight Crew Licence appropriate to the type of operation conducted under the AOC in accordance with the following:

3.1 If the AOC includes aeroplanes certificated for a minimum crew of 2 pilots - An Airline Transport Pilot's Licence issued or validated by a JAA Member State:

Not sure of the comparible EU Ops or Part Ops reference as I do not have them avaialble at the moment. Perhaps some one could be kind enough to post that information.

737 Elpiloto
3rd Jul 2013, 14:04
Big thx already!!

Miles Magister
3rd Jul 2013, 14:29
Eu OPs regulation is exactly the same as written in TGL44. The acceptable means of compliance.

Do not have time to find the Part Ops regulation.

hvogt
3rd Jul 2013, 14:40
May I recommend a look at the cross reference table (http://easa.europa.eu/flightstandards/cross-reference-table.html) on EASA's website which compares the old rules against the new ones.

Miles Magister
3rd Jul 2013, 19:45
hvogt,

Thank you for that very helpful post, the link is very useful.

We must take care not to get banned from PPrune for actually being helpful!