PDA

View Full Version : wanted urgently - Balearics VFR Chart

poetpilot
1st May 2002, 10:26
Mate of mine is planning to fly to Spain VFR this w/e, has all the French & Spanish charts needed EXCEPT for Balearics 1/2 mill VFR.

Apparently this is out of print/stock at all the regular suppliers.

Does anyone.....

1. Know a UK outlet that has one in stock?
2. Could lend/sell a recent copy
3. Could identify a stop in spain where he could easily buy one?
4. Could identify a web source for info? (Have tried http://ais.aena.es but not much luck so far).

He's in london area till friday. Please respond on forum or email me at [email protected] & I'll pass any help offered on to him.

Cheers

Fujiflyer
1st May 2002, 21:45
Poetpilot

I have Jeppesen Flightmap, the moving map software. If you're still in need can try and see if I can convert a portion of one of the maps (ie the Balearics) to a standard viewable image which you could then print out.

Let me know. I could try and print something directly but then we'ed have postal delays which would probably take us in to Sat by the time you received it.

Fujiflyer

poetpilot
2nd May 2002, 11:20
Thanks Fujii..........

I think someone's offered him something now, just waiting for him to call me and confirm. But thanks anyway.... guess you are right, the way the post is these days it wont get there (unless you could send an image electronically).

He seems to have everything except for a VFR map of the islands themselves and whether there are specific transit routes across from France/Spain. Having said that he has a current Bottlang (more than I have) so you'd expect he'd have that info in there somewhere.....

UK snailmail nearly as slow as pprune is on my PC these days ;) ;) :p

Cheers!