PDA

View Full Version : FTE info request

wheatools
1st Jul 2013, 03:56
Hello, can anyone please help me with the general T's &C's when working for FTE in Jerez for IRI? Thanks

wheatools
3rd Jul 2013, 23:40
Can anyone help or know someone who can? I'm just trying to see if its a viable option for the future?

Thanks

Rithalic
4th Jul 2013, 04:50
PM me any specific questions.

S-Works
6th Jul 2013, 16:56
Be prepared to work in the devils kitchen! It's been 42C here for the last week and no expected to cool much in the coming weeks. Last two days its been gusting 35kts straight across the runway. The FTE aircraft have mostly been sat idle. They are a very formal bunch with the standard uniform of gold bars and black trousers and shoes which must be a little uncomfortable!!

Rithalic
7th Jul 2013, 02:15
well i dont know who bose x is specifically but it is actually yet to reach forty degrees on the metar. as for being sat idle, well we've been complying with our ops manual and due to the Levante it has been most inadvisable to do much taking off or landing due to considerable cross winds.

As for the uniform well what exactly would you have a professional flying school wear? air con in our ops is quite appreciated this time of year!

S-Works
7th Jul 2013, 11:18
I seem to do quite well in my shorts and T-Shirt!

I was not making any criticism of FTE, just making an observation on what I see. I don't envy them their uniforms and gold bars in this heat.

The METAR may only have hit 39C this week but its been hotter than that out on the pan along with the horizontal windsock for the last three days. It's currently showing 38C on my thermometer, the wind is 120 and over 20kts with 20 in use.

I have not seen much in the way of movements over the last three days apart from your Seneca doing three go arounds due to the crosswind yesterday.

So back to my original point, anyone coming and considering working down here be aware of the conditions, the heat is not for the faint hearted. It's not uncommon to get days of strong winds as well.

pablo
7th Jul 2013, 11:22
couldn't be worse than a CFI exam in Phoenix when the sun was still relatively vertical :E

FlyingOfficerKite
7th Jul 2013, 20:39
Maybe Bose-X is practicing his German?!?!?

KR

FOK :)

S-Works
7th Jul 2013, 21:12
Lol. I am English, I don't practice any if that foreign muck.....