PDA

View Full Version : Qualifying Cross Country Validity

dobbin1
24th Jun 2013, 09:44
Is there any time limit on the validity of the qualifying cross country for an EASA PPL?

I have looked in CAP 804 and I can see nothing that indicates that the QXC has any limitation on its validity once completed, but I want to be sure.

BillieBob
24th Jun 2013, 16:11
It's not a 'qualifying' cross-country and there is no validity - once you've done it, you've done it.

pembroke
24th Jun 2013, 18:37
SRG 2105 "qualifying cross country"

nick14
25th Jun 2013, 14:55
6 months I'm guessing as its a course requirement and all course requirements must be met within the 6 months immediately preceding the LST?

Level Attitude
25th Jun 2013, 17:19
That cannot be correct.
Passes in all Theorectical Knowledge exams is a course
requirement, and once all are passed they are valid
for two years.

dobbin1
25th Jun 2013, 17:56
6 months I'm guessing as its a course requirement and all course requirements must be met within the 6 months immediately preceding the LST?

Can you tell me where CAP 804 says this? Or is it in a different document?

Whopity
25th Jun 2013, 20:18
SRG 2105 "qualifying cross country"This is a meaningless document. Its origins lie in the old National AOPA syllabus which continued to be used long after the demise of the UK PPL. The Qualifying Cross Country was a flight conducted as part of a UK PPL prior to 1999. This flight could not be undertaken until after the Navigation Skill Test had been successfully completed. In many cases it was completed after everything else including the GFT, and was thus referred to as a "Qualifier" in those days it had a validity of 9 months. Because it did not form part of the "training" it required signatures to prove it had been completed. That ceased with the introduction of JAR-FCL. It is an experience requirement that has no validity period!
FCL.210.A PPL(A) — Experience requirements and crediting
(a) Applicants for a PPL(A) shall have completed at least 45 hours of flight instruction in aeroplanes, 5 of which may have been completed in an FSTD, including at least:

(2) 10 hours of supervised solo flight time, including at least 5 hours of solo cross-country flight time with at least 1 cross-country flight of at least 270 km (150 NM), during which full stop landings at 2 aerodromes different from the aerodrome of departure shall be made. Once you have it you have it! There is no EASA requirement for any Certificate other than the training records but the CAA seems bogged down in things it clearly does not understand.