PDA

View Full Version : Cert Experience Expired - Advice needed

Mark McG
30th Apr 2002, 18:30
Hi,

I need some advice about my PPL.

Certificate of Experience - Expired Nov 2001.

What do I need to do to reactivate my CofE? I had not done the 12 in 12.Only have approx 60 hrs logged.

Class 1 Medical Expired Begin Feb 2002.

Am I still legal to fly until what would be the renewal date for a Class 2, or do I need to resit my medical.

Would like to retrain on PA-28.

Any Recommendations for PA-28 training in the Greater Glasgow Area.

Thanks

Mark

Stan Evil
30th Apr 2002, 18:43
To get legal again you need to pass a Licencing Proficiency Check (LPC) with a Class Rating Examiner (CRE). PPL Examiners are CREs. The LPC is much like the GH bit of the PPL Skill Test.

As far as the medical is concerned. I think (experts welcome to correct me) that you need to have had the Certificate endorsed as being valid as a Class 2. Can you speak to the AME who issued it? Failing that, speak to any AME or post on the 'Medical' PPRUNE page.

foxmoth
1st May 2002, 07:45
Rather than do the LPC straight off, I would suggest that you do the Pa28 conversion, after an hour you will probably be ok to do the LPC on the pa28 so killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

DFC
1st May 2002, 11:26
Give the CFI of the Prestwick Flying Club a ring.

I don't know the number off hand but as far as I know he can advise on PA28 training as well as sorting out your licence. I am sure that it is in the telephone book.

A quick call to your AME will answer the medical question.

DFC

Mark McG
1st May 2002, 17:44
Thanks for all the advice.
I have sent the CAA Medical People at LGW an email as they should be able to give me some pretty sound advice.

I have also sent Prestwick Flying club an email explaining the situation, and saying that I wanted to do some general refresher training & a couple of solo hours before doing the LPC.

FlyingForFun
2nd May 2002, 09:13
Mark,

I'd be interested to know the answer to the medical question, as I'm also in a position where my Class 1 will expire before my Class 2. I had assumed that my Class 2 would still be valid, but this was purely an assumption on my part, so I'd like to know if it was correct!

FFF
----------------

Mark McG
2nd May 2002, 18:42
"Thank you for your enquiry. You can use your JAA class one certificate for JAA class two priviledges, until your class two certificate expires.

Kind Regards

R***** K***
Aeromedical Administration Assistant."

FFF,
above is a copy of the email the CAA sent me back. Seems it is okay to use the Class 1 expired as Class 2 until the Class 2 would expire.

Mark

FlyingForFun
3rd May 2002, 08:23
Thanks Mark!

Seems like a strange way of expressing it! I'd have thought you'd use the Class 2 certificate after the Class 1 expires - not use the expired Class 1 with Class 2 priviledges! But that's the CAA for you - it all amounts to the same thing in the end.

Cheers,

FFF
--------------

Noggin
5th May 2002, 17:58
The revised MED164 (310701) now states:

"A Class 1 medical certificate is acceptable for Class 2 privileges and validities"