PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Plates Depiction

Lantirn
14th Jun 2013, 18:10
On the approach plates plan view, I usually see some abreviations in grey, which is as far as I know points and distances of VNAV systems. These are FF32L, MQ11, FD29, RW05.

Can someone show me the full list if they are available all together somewhere? I dont know what most of them are and mean, only I can guess.

FF22(FinalFix runway22?)
MQ22(MissedAppPt rwy22?)
FD22 (Final Descent rwy22?)

Thank you,

A student IR pilot

Lantirn
15th Jun 2013, 16:09
Thank you very much

777AV8R
16th Jun 2013, 02:24
Jeppesen Airway Manual - General, NAVDATA, Airport-related waypoints.
Langtirn gave you some very good advice.

I'm not sure what your aspirations in aviation are however; if you are thinking of making a career of flying for a major airline or a good business operation, knowing where to find your information and knowing everything there is to know inside those Jepp Manuals, is essential.

Take time and go through those books, page by page. Learn the information, definitions, glossary, rules, State Differences.....this list is endless.

Do this and you'll set yourself a solid base for the future.

BOAC
16th Jun 2013, 07:42
know inside those Jepp Manuals, - as a 'student IR pilot', I suggest you do not need to know yet, but are 'interested'? However, when the time comes, you will find your operation may well not use Jepp so be aware there are other chart providers each with their own 'guides' to their own depictions.

Lantirn
17th Jun 2013, 20:21
Thank you very much both of you.

Actually I am surprized those last months by the Jeppesen Airway Manual.

The amount of information that is concentrated on this manual is something I didnt expect, because I had my Training Airway Manual, which is, nothing compared to the updated and full thing.

Although I printed out 8168 vol 1 to clarify some things, I later found that most of this was implemented in the Airway Manual.

It is a great information reference.

Can you guys here suggest other publications available online for IR? Or generally something that you believe that is essential to know, but beyond the known ATPL syllabus.

I know the list could be endless, but prioritizing the reading, lets say that you were doing the training from beginning. What you would study after the ATPL syllabus?

Thank you

Lantirn
18th Jun 2013, 18:34
Just another question arrived, Ill post it here so I dont open multiple threads.

The visual flight track symbol is shown when the MAPt is before prior the runway threshold, as explained by jeppesen.

Can anyone explain to me why it is symbolized like this?

You are supposed to fly IFR, why there are visual flight tracks indicated?

I initially thought that it could indicate the visual segment after the DA on an NPA to the runway, but this is not the case because in the profile view the arrows stay on MDA altitude until the MAPt, meaning that it is shown for the missed approach part of the procedure.

Any ideas?