PDA

View Full Version : Need some help flying in Italy and France.

cessna172n
8th Jun 2013, 19:03
Hi PPRuNe guys,

For this summer I am planning a VFR trip around Europe. While planning im bouncing some problems, maybe some italians/france can help me?

Im flying a Cessna 172. I am planning to fly LJLJ - LIPV, I need to cross the Aviano CTR to do that. The chart show some VFR routes but they are starting from another position. The VFR corridor C is excellent for me but its a ULM VFR routing at low level, am I allowed to enter this and can I fly higher? Is Aviano approach easy going in this?

Next step is a good location to do a refuell in France in the region of Lyon?

Thank you in advance and excuse me if I post in the wrong forum.

Have a good weekend.

Chilli Monster
8th Jun 2013, 20:36
Can't help with the Aviano route, but for the refuel - LFHV, Villefranche / Tarare is the perfect place.

cessna172n
8th Jun 2013, 20:57
I guess I forgot to mention that I speak 0 french, so no french.

LFHV shows to be Fr only on charts :-(.

172driver
9th Jun 2013, 11:01
Aviano - depending when you go and depending when the proposed changes to the Italian airspace come into force, you may not have a problem there anymore, as the entire NE Italian airspace has been redesigned - MUCH better for VFR flight ! Again, I don't know when these changes will be implemented, probably too late for you (Sep/Oct).

Fuel in Lyon area - you could go to LFMH Saint Etienne. I refuelled there once some years ago and the pump is near the aeroclub building. What I cannot remember is how I paid, probably EUR cash if memory serves. There is, AFAIK, also an automated 100LL dispenser but you need a Total card for that one. The guys in the aeroclub are very nice and helpful, perhaps give them a call (there's a link to them on the LFMH website).

cessna172n
9th Jun 2013, 13:02
I will take a look at LFMH thank you.

The trip is end July this year.