PDA

View Full Version : FEW QUESTIONS...

reubenjosephdsouza
5th Jun 2013, 16:51
Here are a few questions I was asked on my last few route checks by a couple of check airmen, I was just looking for some of the answers and views from fellow pilots.

1- airbus 320 minimum take off run required woul be ?
2- normally on an instrument marked runway we have the aiming point(1000 ft) the touch down zOne markings and such other markings, but sometimes at certain airfields eg VABB27 India we have the runway touch down aiming point marking at1500 ft instead of the normal 1000 ft point why is this so?? Has it got anything todo with the fact that the glide is 3.15 degrees instead of the std 3.0 deg glide ??

3- On airbus320 family specially thea321 , equipped with the tail strike pitch protection, that displays the pitch limit On PDF and aural warning , what or when would the aural warning be triggered with respect of pitch attitude of aircraft during landing ,....( I haven't found any data on when does the aural warning trigger in my company fcoms)

Any data related would be nice :)

de facto
5th Jun 2013, 23:43
TORR will be found in your FCOM under field limit weight.
The 1000 ft marker is for the FAA(white marker),the 1500 ft one is the white marker for ICAO painting;-)
So dont aim for the white marker in uour country if they use ICAO,aim for the first marker.
It avoids losing 500 ft by not aiming at the right place.
The last question is for airbus...i know nothing if that.