PDA

View Full Version : Endorsment

Tony W
5th Jun 2013, 02:32
I dont know if anyone can help but I am looking for an instructor that give give me an endorsment on a PA46TP Piper Meridian. I have got the aircraft into the country but am having trouble finding someone to endorse me.
Tony

thorn bird
5th Jun 2013, 10:31
There is a precedent that if there is nobody who can endorse you in Australia you can apply for a 521 dispensation to endorse yourself. There is no requirement for endorsement ( Type rating) on this aircraft in the USA.

Capt Fathom
5th Jun 2013, 11:10
The Piper Dealer has no one in Australia to do endorsements??

Mach E Avelli
5th Jun 2013, 11:45
Or, if you are a bit light on for appropriate experience, rather than 'self endorse' reach agreement with CASA to go to Flight Safety or somewhere where they can get you safe in the machine.
Don't forget to include your insurers in any correspondence.

avconnection
5th Jun 2013, 11:50
There was an instructor at MFS who operates a Meridian for a private owner. I believe Tony Smith can also endorse on them, failing that he may put you in contact with another ex-instructor who could endorse you if he has free time.

smiling monkey
5th Jun 2013, 12:20
Wouldn't the S/E below 5700 kg blanket endorsement cover it?

Capt Fathom
5th Jun 2013, 12:24

Turbines require a separate endorsement in Australia.

hiwaytohell
5th Jun 2013, 12:45

Not only that under CAO40.1.0 Appendix 1A it is specified as a class endorsement.

Unfortunately CASA does not keep a data base (but should) of people qualified to do such endorsements.

I had the same problem not long ago trying to find an instructor for an odd type... CASA's was not prepared to provide an exemption despite thousands of hours on similar types, yet was prepared to give an exemption to a PPL with only a basic endorsement, to do the endorsement... go figure.

I think a data base with specific approvals of qualified instructors and ATOs is long overdue.

Strobe Runner
5th Jun 2013, 12:53
Tony Smith, MFS

avcraft
6th Jun 2013, 01:48
If that's the ex NZ machine, Con Angelides did a type rating for one of the previous pilots

12-47
6th Jun 2013, 02:33
This guy is the guru. Will be a little more exxy than a local option tho.
RWR Pilot Training - Providing Excellent Training and Related Services to Owners and Pilots of the Piper PA46 Matrix, Malibu, Mirage and Meridian Aircraft Worldwide (http://www.rwrpilottraining.com/)

AussieNick
6th Jun 2013, 04:41
Another vote for Tony Smith at MFS, I can still remember him browsing the POH for a Meridian whilst in the run up bay with my on my Initial CIR.

MakeItHappenCaptain
6th Jun 2013, 09:25
There is no requirement for endorsement ( Type rating) on this aircraft in the USA.

Like to see you try and get insurance without being checked or having completed an approved course.:=

CF, not always.:E

I fly both the piston and a turbine version and this is a very systems intensive airframe compared to almost any other GA level single in the same weight category. Tony would be my first recommendation outside of completing a course in the USA.:ok:

New part 61 rules will change things in Dec, but you will still need to be type checked for insurance.

Trevor the lover
7th Jun 2013, 16:36
G'day Tony

If you end up doing it in Melbourne with Con Angeledes there's a free bed at my place. (and a choice of 5 motorbikes to ride)

Cousin Tom

Plastic fantastic
10th Jun 2013, 14:50
Where is Con these days?

717tech
10th Jun 2013, 21:17
CP at Ausjet Essendon.

Tony W
12th Jun 2013, 00:00
Thanks Tom. Didnt see this till now. I have spoken to Tony Smith yesterday and will speak to him today. The aircraft is on the gold coast were it is being put on the register. Hopefully will be ready by weeks end and I will probably fly whoever up there to do the endorsement.
Tony

Trevor the lover
12th Jun 2013, 08:46
Sounds good Tony - enjoy - what a nice machine.

Expect a visit from us in the next school hols. I am O/S at the moment for a month but have been discussing with Loz a visit up your way in the hols. Want to see your mum as well.

Enjoy the endorsement.

Tom