PDA

View Full Version : What's is like at Dieppe?

loglickychops
29th Apr 2002, 21:02
I'm thinking of going over there. Is it worth the journey, or should I fly by? I never hear anything about it, so I wonder if it's a popular destination and whether the town is worth a visit when you get there.:confused:

Skylark4
29th Apr 2002, 21:45
About 20 years ago I used to use Dieppe as my stepping off point for caravan holidays in France. A lovely little town. I would say well worth a visit if the airfield isn`t too far away.

Mike W

Chilli Monster
29th Apr 2002, 21:53
Flew there in September. Great little airfield, very friendly. Cash or cheques though - no plastic accepted.

Town has a bit of everything - t'was a good night out :)

CM

2Donkeys
30th Apr 2002, 08:17
I would second CM's experience. I know a number of the club members at Dieppe's active flying club, and can vouch for the friendly and welcoming atmosphere. There is no restaurant on the field, but the club has a bar and there is usually somebody around.

The field is a long walk into town, but a short walk from the local Auchan supermarket. Taxi numbers are posted in the clubhouse, so transport should not be a problem.

There is a small tarmac apron, but visiting aircraft are often asked to park on the grass. Security at the field is non-existent, like many French airfields, but I am unaware of any problems.

Make sure that you get PPR for customs through the number listed in the usual guides. The field is FISO-controlled, in French only, although Francois in the tower is known to exercise his English when the mood grabs him.

Give it a go!

BRL
30th Apr 2002, 08:28
Hi. The town itself is fantastic. there are loads of shops/pubs etc, its a really nice little town, i go over there quite often. In fact, the last time i was there was on 10th April when a few friends and I went over for my birthday. Superb place, well worth checking out.:)