PDA

View Full Version : Do charity flights involving large aircraft require AOC

Trini_Wings
3rd Jun 2013, 11:28
If a charitable organisation or club owned a Boeing 737, and every weekend conducted charitable flights for its members to different social events around the country, with all flight expenses paid for entirely from the charitable funds they raise each year, does that club/organisation require an AOC?

Intruder
3rd Jun 2013, 20:01
Let me know which charity does this, so I don't contribute to their social calendar...

Trini_Wings
3rd Jun 2013, 21:11
Thanks for your deep insight intruder, much appreciated! Great! :rolleyes:

Bealzebub
4th Jun 2013, 04:02
Yes they would. The flights would be commercial air transport.

SloppyJoe
4th Jun 2013, 05:34
How on earth can a charity justify using charitable donations to fund a 737 for its trips to social events. This has got to be one of the most stupid ideas I have ever heard.

You have absolutely no idea of the cost involved, well maybe you do so want to get away from an AOC and regulation so you can operate a dodgy, poorly maintained aircraft full of people.

Let me guess, you want to find a way to build time in a 737 :ugh:

This is idiotic.

Trini_Wings
4th Jun 2013, 07:19
@ Sloppy Joe,

Yessssss this is to build time in a dodgy 737, yeeeeah, keep banging yuh head bro!
Maybe you'll come up with more stupid assumptions.

Thanks Bealzebob, for being the only one to answer without giving a smart a@* (stupid) response.

But then again, this is PPrune.

:rolleyes:

Capetonian
4th Jun 2013, 08:20
What does one have to do to be a member (i.e. beneficiary) of this charitable venture?

Bealzebub
4th Jun 2013, 08:23
You're welcome. However, I have to admit I was tempted. ;)

Trini_Wings
4th Jun 2013, 09:15
Well seeing that people think this charity is real and can't figure out that this was a hypothetical scenario (which main emphasis was to establish if an AOC is required or not), Lets put it this way: the mere fact that you asking how to get into such a charity Capetonian, (which is obviously fictitious) means you'll fit right in ;)

Oh the wonders of this great forum :hmm:

Capetonian
4th Jun 2013, 16:31
the mere fact that you asking how to get into such a charity Capetonian, (which is obviously fictitious) means you'll fit right in http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/wink2.gif

I was asking in order to establish how you might justify this hypothetical charity as a charity. I can assure I have no interest in it other than that.

Trini_Wings
4th Jun 2013, 17:12
@ Capetonian

What has the nature of the charity got to do with the main thrust of the question, which is would an AOC be needed for such a hypothetical operation?

Did you want to know who the charity's CEO is?
Did you want 5 years audited accounts on the charity?
Did you want their email address?

Would such detail about the nature of the charity be relevant to answer the main point of the question; which is, does that club/organisation require an AOC?

:rolleyes: Dear me!

I got my answer from Bealzebub already. Thanks mate :ok:

SloppyJoe
4th Jun 2013, 17:21
Keep rolling yuh eyes bro!

:ugh:

Trini_Wings
4th Jun 2013, 17:28
No problem Sloppy the head banger :ok:

Capetonian
4th Jun 2013, 17:35
Trini Wings : Yes please.

Trini_Wings
4th Jun 2013, 17:43
@ Capetonian - Send me a PM and I might send you the hypothetical details, seeing that your such a stickler for the finer points, lol :ok: oh joy!